Linux Emulator Help/RetropPie FBCP Help?

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by dj505, Oct 4, 2014.

1. dj505
    OP

dj505 Inexperienced Romhacker

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Most likely at the arcade
    Hey! I don't know if this is the right forum for this post, I'm new here, but I was wondering, what emulators that work on linux DON'T use OpenGL other than NES and MAME emulators? Preferably Gameboy Original or Gameboy Color, not Gameboy Advance. I'm going to start working on a project in a while called the PiGrrl (see here) powered by the Raspberry Pi computer, which runs Linux, and I need emulators other than the ones that are packaged in CupCade (the Linux distro that you use for the PiGrrl that includes NES and MAME, nothing else) becuase the screen that the build uses doesn't have drivers to support OpenGL acceleration and I can't figure out how to use fbcp to copy over the framebuffer, and even if I could, it lowers the framerate and image quality of the emulator(s) and gameplay displayed. Any help would be great, especially before I order the parts and start. Thanks!

2. dj505
    OP

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Mistake in the title! It should say RetroPie not RetropPie.

3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    There aren't any other emulators out there for the Pi that doesn't use OpenGL. NES and MAME are the only things supported because there aren't any other emulators coded without using OpenGL.

I would recommend just getting some cheap LCD off of eBay or something instead of that Adafruit thing.

4. dj505
    OP

Oct 4, 2014
    Canada
    Thanks! Any info on the fbcp thing?