Gaming Linksys + Lego

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I always wondered what the word Linksys meant. I've been stealing my next door neighbour's wi-fi connection named Linksys for years now. Got about 8 different things running through that connection, including the laptop bringing you these words
smile.gif

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
kicknhorse said:
I guess that would have cost quite a bit to buy all of those from Lego? Even at like 20 pence a piece. Though I would like one myself
tongue.gif

From his Weblog
QUOTEI bought 199 extras, bringing the total ordered to 1238. The cost was $124.715 for the needed parts plus $14.488 for the extras. Since I had to order from four dealers, shipping costs were $24.10. So, the total for all the bricks came to $163 and change. Not bad, considering an actual Mini-ITX case costs around $100 plus shipping.

You can also download the plans and read more about it here> http://tfvlrue.wordpress.com/2008/06/25/lego-computer/

kicknhorse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lee79 said:
kicknhorse said:
I guess that would have cost quite a bit to buy all of those from Lego? Even at like 20 pence a piece. Though I would like one myself
tongue.gif

From his Weblog
QUOTEI bought 199 extras, bringing the total ordered to 1238. The cost was $124.715 for the needed parts plus $14.488 for the extras. Since I had to order from four dealers, shipping costs were $24.10. So, the total for all the bricks came to $163 and change. Not bad, considering an actual Mini-ITX case costs around $100 plus shipping.

You can also download the plans and read more about it here> http://tfvlrue.wordpress.com/2008/06/25/lego-computer/

Oh wow, ok thank you. I may take a little look out of curiousity

Elritha

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
razorback78 said:
i hope the lego will not melt after several uses of the PC due to high temperature.nice idea though.

Unlikely it'd melt the case, the ambience temperature of a pc case isn't that warm with proper air flow. I have a temp monitor on my own case and it gets to around 22.1 Celsius when idle, and 27-28 when stressed. None of the components that get really warm touch the case directly such as the heatsink of the gpu or cpu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill