Ender3Guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I'm trying to run some apple II games on my N2DSXL. The only two emulators I've found are A2DS and Grape for the NDS. Unfortunately, documentation on these is pretty much nonexistent and I can't figure out if there's a way to use Twilight Menu to link to a ROM during launch. As I understand it, these emulators are meant to be used on an R4 flashcart or similar which allow for custom launch commands. Is there any way to do this with Twilight or do I need to get a flashcart to run these emulators?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi all,

I'm trying to run some apple II games on my N2DSXL. The only two emulators I've found are A2DS and Grape for the NDS. Unfortunately, documentation on these is pretty much nonexistent and I can't figure out if there's a way to use Twilight Menu to link to a ROM during launch. As I understand it, these emulators are meant to be used on an R4 flashcart or similar which allow for custom launch commands. Is there any way to do this with Twilight or do I need to get a flashcart to run these emulators?

Hello.:)

Did you also tried pomDS ?

https://www.emutopia.com/index.php/emulators/item/315-apple-ii/479-pomds

https://gamebrew.org/wiki/PomDS

Ender3Guy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Ironbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hi Alexander1970 !

You were of great great help to me the other day when I was trying to fix my kids Wii with a banner brick problem... I wonder if you could help me now...

I dug out my old DS i XL and it's R4 Gold card...

I am a huge fan of the Apple 2, as I had one when I was a kid... Ouf, time flies...

Now I managed to install this PomDS Emulator... I can get it to run, I managed to browse and select a .dsk game file to replace the default ''Master.dsk'' file loaded in Disk A ... But when I press ''A'', apart from the game being loaded in the A drive, nothing happens... it doesn't actually load...

What am I doing wrong ?

So close to enjoy all this Apple 2 goodness once again, yet, so far at the same time !

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Ironbass :) :) :)

Last edited by Ironbass,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Hi Alexander1970 !

You were of great great help to me the other day when I was trying to fix my kids Wii with a banner brick problem... I wonder if you could help me now...

I dug out my old DS i XL and it's R4 Gold card...

I am a huge fan of the Apple 2, as I had one when I was a kid... Ouf, time flies...

Now I managed to install this PomDS Emulator... I can get it to run, I managed to browse and select a .dsk game file to replace the default ''Master.dsk'' file loaded in Disk A ... But when I press ''A'', apart from the game being loaded in the A drive, nothing happens... it doesn't actually load...

What am I doing wrong ?

So close to enjoy all this Apple 2 goodness once again, yet, so far at the same time !

Thanks in advance for any help you could provide.

Did you have noticed this too please ?

Compatibility
Some games should not work because the are copy protected. You can try to desactivate the FASTMODE mode in the option menu and after, you must do a RESET of the Apple, this tip can do theses games playables.

Be carefull, this mode hangs pomDS often, put it at startup, load the file and do a RESET.

Thank you.:)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also you have TWO Versios from the Emulator:

PomDS_compat.nds

PomDS.nds

You have to try both on different Games,sorry.:(

Ironbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Did you have noticed this too please ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also you have TWO Versios from the Emulator:

PomDS_compat.nds

PomDS.nds

You have to try both on different Games,sorry.:(

Hi Alexander1970 !

Yes, I did try to put the Fastmode off... No luck...

All I have is the ''PomDS.nds'' emulator... I googled ''PomDS_compat.nds'' but nothing comes out of this research...

Thanks for your help !!!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi Alexander1970 !

Yes, I did try to put the Fastmode off... No luck...

All I have is the ''PomDS.nds'' emulator... I googled ''PomDS_compat.nds'' but nothing comes out of this research...

Thanks for your help !!!

Please use the Download from my Post,there are are both Versions included:

Ironbass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please use the Download from my Post,there are are both Versions included:

Thanks for your help again, Alexander1970 !

I tried the other version of this emulator, but it doesn't do any better than the other version...

I don't know if this means anything but I noticed that the green light of Drive A is lit on when the default ''Master.dsk'' file is loaded in, but when I replace it with a game, and go back to the Disk screen, it is off...

Thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I should say 525Mbps but I doubt the extra 25Mbps matters lol