Link to .ini files guide

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by edilima, May 14, 2019.

1. edilima
    OP

edilima Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Brazil
    Hello,

I have just found that pure Atmosphere does not run backups out of box.

So I applied sig patches and still found errors to install and run backups. So I decided to check what Atmosphere .ini files have different from the ones I found in Kosmos that let me install and run backups.

I found in Kosmos a config line kip1patch=nosigchk in hekate_ipl.ini and as soon as I applied this line to pure Atmosphere, boom!!! It worked like a charm.

What bothers me is that I applied this line without even know what it means, so I would fully appreciate if one could link me to a guide containing all possible key=value pairs I can use and when to use them.

Last edited by edilima, May 14, 2019
  2. AD2076

AD2076 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2019
    Italy
    Last edited by AD2076, May 14, 2019
  3. edilima
    OP

edilima Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    Brazil
    Yep, just changed the main post.

I appreciate your reply. I have already looked at the link you provided and my main problem is that I lack knowledge about some of the terms. For example:

kip1patch=patchname
    Enables a kip1 patch. Specify with multiple lines and/or as CSV. Current available patches nosigchk.

I really don't know what "enables a kip1 patch means". That's kind of explanation I was looking for.

Last edited by edilima, May 14, 2019
  4. AD2076

AD2076 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2019
    Italy
    kip1patch modifies the kip behavior in some way.

5. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    They’re patches for kip1s to change things in them in some way (ex. nosigchk disables NCA sigchecks in FS, nogc patches FS to disable the gamecard reader)