Gaming Lines on top screen

qweasd123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It started few months ago. At first they were visible only on some colors in games and they were disappearing when I charged DS.
Now they are flickering lines on top screen. They are... something like... red? and they change to green when I start charging DS.
I've heard that adjusting resistors under battery could help but I don't have so small screwdriver. Besides I don't think it will help because I've never touch them and some time ago screen was ok.

I won't replace screen because I don't know if it's problem with screen/motherboard/ribbon, and anyway I don't know how to replace it.
I won't send it for repair because I could just spend little more and buy new DS.

Any ideas?

MSaki

Trophies
Website
nintendo3ds-place.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
first of all where did you here of the adjust the resistors under the battery

and

1 is the ribbon in all the way on the screen connector?
2 is it cracked?
3 does it only do it under pressure ?
and 4 did you mess with the universal resistors also known as pots?

(a pic would be nice? if possible)

(ds, dslite, dsi ,dsi xl ?)

MSaki
sleep.gif

qweasd123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MSaki said:
first of all where did you here of the adjust the resistors under the battery
http://blog.xorn.org/2010/12/02/old-ninten...play-scanlines/
QUOTE1 is the ribbon in all the way on the screen connector?
2 is it cracked?
3 does it only do it under pressure ?
and 4 did you mess with the universal resistors also known as pots?

(a pic would be nice? if possible)

(ds, dslite, dsi ,dsi xl ?)

MSaki
sleep.gif
I'm afraid to open my DS, I can make it worse, so I don't know if ribbon is cracked or something.
But I know that when I'm slowly closing and opening DS, and looking at top screen - lines don't disappear or change. So maybe it's not ribbon problem.

I'm curious about this charging... Lines change colors. Maybe it's battery?
Or maybe not, bottom screen would be affected too...

It's DS Lite btw.

MSaki

Trophies
Website
nintendo3ds-place.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
eh whoever made that page i just tested it and it just changes the voltage to the screens also vr2 messes with calibration of touch screen. wouldn't suggest doing that unless you had to...

dslite?
hmm i think with all you have gave me that for 1 the ribbon could be loose as i tested and i got a messed up screen.

the vr - resistors dont do much but change voltage from battery regulator to the screen if you put them to high you could fry your screens.

and (open ds remove rubber caps on the screen un screw the screws fold the ds face it twords you and pull away then pull up and the plastic screen cover will come off then check all connections are secure by carefully CAREFULLY! tugging on the ribbon cable if there in then they shouldn't move much if it flies out then it was loose)

if possible send to Nintendo, i wouldn't try the vr but up to you just tryed it on a spare touch screen and fried it pretty quick as it only takes 1/8 to cause to high of a voltage 1/16 is even better but remember those vr are also linked to the board fuse so if they get to high you could fry your screen and mess up your ds (unless you can solider small fuses)

take my word for it send it to Nintendo if you don't know what your doing its better than breaking it anymore than it is.

qweasd123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, I think it is the best way...

There was no Nintendo service in my country, but now I've heard that they created one few months ago . So it won't be as expensive as sending my console to other country for repair.

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.