Limited Edition Versions?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by zerowalker, Aug 26, 2014.

1. zerowalker
    OP

zerowalker GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2012
    Is there any Limited Edition versions out there yet?

And when i say Limited Edition i mean The Console. I don't care about the Handheld etc.

So WindWaker isn't "Limited Edition" in this case, as it's only the Handheld controller that is truly limited (and some fancy stuff), as far as i know at least.

As i don't want to fail this time and buy a Wii U, and later comes a Limited Edition i want (Zelda most likely, or Mario).

2. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States

No, and I really wouldn't expect one. There weren't any limited edition Wii consoles either. I mean eventually they released, a Black Wii and later a Red Wii (to celebrate Mario's 25th anniversary), but the Red Wii didn't have a special design on anything like that on the console. I would expect the same for the Wii U. Most you'll find are the special things they may do for the gamepad like the Wind Waker HD version. Other than that, and maybe another color option in some time, I wouldn't expect much in terms of special edition Wii Us. Nintendo like to make special editions of their handhelds much more than they do for their consoles (probably cuz you don't really look much at your console compared to your handheld).

3. zerowalker
    OP

zerowalker GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2012
    Well the Red Wii was limited in my eyes.

Of course a special "paint job" would be neat, but even just something that just shows "This is the xxxxx Edition, and it's This color" is enough;P

Seems so, got that Skyward Sword wiimote, but i don't want to use it as i will probably break it.
    Prefer Consoles as they stand there in the corner, you don't wave around with them;)