Limited edition Gold EDGE Kit give-away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
GBAtemp skin

screenshotscm9.png

Here is my entry: a special GBAtemp skin for the GBAtemp lovers!!!
yaynds.gif

Good luck everyone else who made skins!

Click here to download

edit: link correction

skyman113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to retract this entry because the more I look at it the more i think it sucks. It was a good concept just executed poorly. I'm working on a newer and better skin which should be done soon

skyman113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
skyman747 said:
Here is mine. Is it OK that I used the Cyclo Skin tester to make the ScreenShot, because I think it looks better than the one the skin maker puts out.
Windows Edge
screenshot.png

Critique?
Forgot DL Link. Updated the post.

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So. I was thinking on what to do for this contest, and it had me stumped for awhile. I came across three strict idea's:

-EDGE Gold Theme
-A "Nintendo-Like" Theme
-Abstract Theme

The first idea, it seemed really good, considering this is to see the beautiful themes made by others. But then I saw the others. And there are some incredible themes that are on this topic. But then it hit me, while browsing through what other people had done. 'What's the point of making a gold theme, when only 60 people will actually have a golden EDGE?' So, basically, that question turned me off from the EDGE Gold Theme idea.

Then, the Nintendo-Like Theme. I tried for awhile to get this to work, and while I was making it, it seemed pretty awesome. I make the background, and some objects on it. It looked pretty nice. But then I stuck it on the EDGE Editor, and unfortunately for me, I could not get the colors I used to work. The words were completely swallowed by the picture, and you could not read the text. [Trust me - I tried what seemed like hundreds of colors.] :/

So, then I took my final idea. The Abstract idea. I've always liked these abstract themes, they always seem so nice, for some reason [At least to me.] So I started this theme, and after several hours, it finally took some shape. I think it looks nice, but if you don't, I'd love to hear why. So yeah, here's my entry for this contest. Whether I win, or I lose, it was great fun making a theme, [for my first time, too.]

screen_shot_collage.png

Download Link

So there's the theme I did. I had some trouble on coming up with a name, so I just stuck to something simple - Blueish. I tried pretty hard to get all the colors to work together, and since I kept with two colors, and 2 shades, it seems to work. Woo. =D

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
3020 said:
[3659]screen_shot_collage.png

Here is my contest entry all fixed up. Its made up of hundreds of edge flashcard images as well if you notice the scroll bar is a stylus I made. Please comment and tell me what you think or if you want how I can improve on it.
yaynds.gif

Download Here

If you want criticism on how to improve it, get rid of that background -- it's so busy that NONE of the text can be read!

Kira Yamato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
MY ENTRY

I hope you all like it

screen_shot_collage.png

Download the skin from here ^^

P.S: In case you're wondering... the first icon is Toon link raising an Edge (packaged), the second one is a kirby (transformed in edge package) and the 3rd one is the triforce being replaced by an edge... Sadly enough... Because of the resizing it doesnt shows as good as i liked to.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonder how the people that are going to be judging this, are keeping up with these entries.

They have got some serious competition heading their way.

Cema

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShamusHand said:
Here's my entry: Portal Theme
yaynds.gif

nds.gif
Download

Even though it is basically 3 icons copied straight from Portal and put onto a black canvas, there is something incredibly enticing about it. If I could vote, you'd definitely be on my list!

crysnamtodshire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my submission. It took just about over 9000 hours in MSpaint.
screen_shot_collage.png

Here is the actual skin zip file:
[LINK]

Hope I win. I've always wanted some way to run homebrew on my DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong