Homebrew Lightguns and emulators.

Disorarara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just have a quick question regarding this, would lightguns such as the NES zapper work through an adapter using emulated versions of lightgun games on a CRT? As far as I know the way these things work is that they rely on a flash from the television screen and the gun itself registers if a target was hit or not, meaning that as long as the adapter was working fine these controllers should work with no issues as well?

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are talking about emulation on the Wii the position of the Wii remote is where the zapper would "shoot" they do a pretty cool job of emulating light guns in that way.

but yeah light guns on the NES require a CRT because LCD TV's do not switch fast enough (lag)

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are talking about emulation on the Wii the position of the Wii remote is where the zapper would "shoot" they do a pretty cool job of emulating light guns in that way.

but yeah light guns on the NES require a CRT because LCD TV's do not switch fast enough (lag)

I've heard light guns won't work even on CRT HDTV's, it's gotta be a plain old SD set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment