Lightguns and emulators.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Disorarara, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Disorarara
    OP

Disorarara GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2012
    I just have a quick question regarding this, would lightguns such as the NES zapper work through an adapter using emulated versions of lightgun games on a CRT? As far as I know the way these things work is that they rely on a flash from the television screen and the gun itself registers if a target was hit or not, meaning that as long as the adapter was working fine these controllers should work with no issues as well?

2. Psionic Roshambo

Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2011
    United States
    If you are talking about emulation on the Wii the position of the Wii remote is where the zapper would "shoot" they do a pretty cool job of emulating light guns in that way.

but yeah light guns on the NES require a CRT because LCD TV's do not switch fast enough (lag)

3. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    I've heard light guns won't work even on CRT HDTV's, it's gotta be a plain old SD set.

4. ngelDiezFernndez

ngelDiezFernndez Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 1, 2012
    León, Spain
    Wii Remote on Genplus GX and Snes9X GX is the best you can get in any platform.

5. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    I have a question. Is there any way to play Duck Hunt on Wii?

6. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    It depends on whether emulators for the Wii actually support light gun input with suitable controller adapters.
    If not this topic is over until that happens.