Lifetime of microSD card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Bean_BR, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Bean_BR
    OP

Bean_BR GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Brazil
    anyone know what is the lifetime of a microSD card ? (specifically a Kingston's 2GB MicroSD) [​IMG]

2. ivobhz

ivobhz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2009
    Brazil
    Belo Horizonte
    if you're asking this because yours has started failing constantly, then probably it's reaching its end of lifetime

3. Bunie

Bunie #1 Princess

Aug 19, 2010
    United States
    Pleasureville, KY
    They die?i was not aware.

Bean_BR, your card will become irelevant and obsolete LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before it breaksull upgrade or just stop using it before it breaks, we couldn't give you a lifetime because im pretty sure the original microSD's, the first made, still work. Come back in 20 years. D;

4. habababa

habababa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2010
    Depends on how you use it.Also,defragmenting an SD card speeds up it's "aging process".
    I need to reformat my PQI 2GB microSD card bought 4 years ago before writing to it or i'll have all my files corrupted.
    So, i can tell my card's "dying". [​IMG]

5. Bean_BR
    OP

Bean_BR GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Brazil
    I play too much, maybe it shortens the retention of files? btw, it's not showing problems, I'm just curious [​IMG]
    and thanks for the info

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice