Hacking Libretro/Retroarch on Xbox One

mannahayward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Do we have a way of changing settings (e.g - screen size/ratio) yet? Or is that out of the question? I usually stretch the SNES out to widescreen but don't seem to have any settings menu. Brilliant work by the way, looks perfect.

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we have a way of changing settings (e.g - screen size/ratio) yet? Or is that out of the question? I usually stretch the SNES out to widescreen but don't seem to have any settings menu. Brilliant work by the way, looks perfect.
The dev never implemented it,he's been busy bringing cores over and is trying to get the people who work on retroarch to help him

So it might be awhile before we see more stuff implemented

Reactions: mannahayward

goomagoogoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Retrix still won't play PS1 games at all/correctly? Does someone have a download link for WinPSX or whatever it's called? Whenever I try to find another emu for XB1, it only brings me to a 5 dollar emu.

Reactions: wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, Retrix still won't play PS1 games at all/correctly? Does someone have a download link for WinPSX or whatever it's called? Whenever I try to find another emu for XB1, it only brings me to a 5 dollar emu.

To be honest that one sucks too. Save states are completely broken and the audio lags pretty bad as well. PS1 Emulation on Xbox One isn't where it needs to be ... Yet. But with Dynamic Recompilation coming to BeetlePSX soon the PS1 Core in RetriX will see a drastic boost in performance. @dominater01 has what you're looking for btw.

Just for future reference RetriX is just a front-end to the libretro cores. If a specific core e.g. PS1 isn't up to par it's not @Absestos fault and their is little he can do to fix it. It's up to the maintainers of the cores themselves.

Last edited by wiired24,

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest that one sucks too. Save states are completely broken and the audio lags pretty bad as well. PS1 Emulation on Xbox One isn't where it needs to be ... Yet. But with Dynamic Recompilation coming to BeetlePSX soon the PS1 Core in RetriX will see a drastic boost in performance. @dominater01 has what you're looking for btw.

Just for future reference RetriX is just a front-end to the libretro cores. If a specific core e.g. PS1 isn't up to par it's not @Absestos fault and their is little he can do to fix it. It's up to the maintainers of the cores themselves.

There is also the fact that uwp are getting a boost this holiday. this should increase speed

Reactions: DrkBeam and ploggy

americanwolf69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i been around as well, just watching this topic and Retrix's official site, i also been busy putting rom sets together for my 2tb flash drive for my in development attract mode Raspberry Pi 3

Reactions: wiired24

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So this fall update hasnt come out yet right?

I only ask because my xbox updated a few days ago? and i was hoping that was it ;)

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 10 Build 16296 Fall Creators Update hasn't been released as of yet but will be soon
I really can't wait. It's not only going to be great for homebrew... But for smaller indie devs too. I imagine seeing them put something like the 360 indies section on XB1.

Last edited by Pickle_Rick,
Reactions: ploggy and wiired24

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really can't wait. It's not only going to be great for homebrew... But for smaller indie devs too. I imagine seeing them put something like the 360 indies section on XB1.

Same I'm equally excited. It will be really good for homebrew games too even the game I'm working on... I mean what? :wink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou