Rasas

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am planning to buy a Lexar platinum II 32GB for $88.99 on Newegg for my Playstation Portable. I have heard that some plugins do not work with the Lexar memory card. Does the problem still exists and are there any noticeable speed differences the speed the same as the sandisk and sony's ms pro duo?

chriso

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.thepsphq.com
XP
Country
United States
I had a 2 and a 4gb Lexar I used for slim and fat that worked great. No speed issues or Homebrew/SePlugin issues what so ever (comparing to Sandisk and Sony brands). I read up on it a little and the only issue I read it has a slightly longer read time compared to smaller cards.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Lexar Platinums are historically twitchy with Plugins, and possess inferior speeds. Personally i'd save yourself potential issues and go for a Sandisk. May cost a bit more but it's worth it in the long run.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Or get yourself a Micro SD to Pro duo adapter and buy some micro sd. Ends up a lot cheaper. And you can get a two slot adapter and put two micro sd in at 32gb each making it 64gb compatible

D

Deleted User

danny600kill said:
Or get yourself a Micro SD to Pro duo adapter and buy some micro sd. Ends up a lot cheaper. And you can get a two slot adapter and put two micro sd in at 32gb each making it 64gb compatible

Man, I've been looking at the options for a while now. I'm fine with my 2x4GB though...E3 is all of 2 months away and I'd rather not buy anymore micro SD's without knowing if they'll be compatible with the future XD. It'll be interesting to see whether or not the new devices from nintendo/sony will have SD capability.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would just save a little more and buy a sony one, they are not that much more expensive.

danny600kill said:

I tried one of those things, it was slightly thicker than a pro duo so had to be pulled out of the damn slot with pliers, and the psp kept "loosing" the memory stick.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
UltraMagnus said:
I would just save a little more and buy a sony one, they are not that much more expensive.

danny600kill said:

I tried one of those things, it was slightly thicker than a pro duo so had to be pulled out of the damn slot with pliers, and the psp kept "loosing" the memory stick.

This is just bad luck, I have one now with two 8gb cards in it and it its the regular thickness. It works perfectly for me, guess it depends which one you get eh, it save you a lot of moeny in the long run though as Micro Sd cards are a lot cheaper than Pro Duo and the adapter cost like £2 ( I got mine for £1.99 )

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Couldn't get my Photofast CR-5400 working in my PSP either no matter what i did. My PC recognised it and could format it to work, but no matter what i tried the PSP couldn't see it as a MS.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Couldn't get my Photofast CR-5400 working in my PSP either no matter what i did. My PC recognised it and could format it to work, but no matter what i tried the PSP couldn't see it as a MS.
PSP couldn't format mine but after formatting in my PC it sees it just fine.

67birdman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yea, I'd second the micro SD idea.
smile.gif

Zendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hey!

Sorry for bringing up this old thread. I'm just curious if it's possible to get 64 GB by using micro SDHC 32 GB each on Memory Stick Pro Duo with 2 slots?

If not, 32 GB would go well for me.

Edit. Just a another question. I have a Lexar 16 GB magic gate Mark 2, but Why can't my PSP Phat read it?

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zendo said:
Hey!

Sorry for bringing up this old thread. I'm just curious if it's possible to get 64 GB by using micro SDHC 32 GB each on Memory Stick Pro Duo with 2 slots?

Edit. Just a another question. I have a Lexar 16 GB magic gate Mark 2, but Why can't my PSP Phat read it?

It might be fake Lexar, or you might need to update your firmware if your firmware is ancient.

I've tried the dual 32gb microSD, but the PSP always craps out on it at various points. (PSP-2000)

Zendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
lilsypha said:
Zendo said:
Hey!

It might be fake Lexar, or you might need to update your firmware if your firmware is ancient.

I've tried the dual 32gb microSD, but the PSP always craps out on it at various points. (PSP-2000)

Hey,

I bought the Lexar card a year ago. I usually did use it on my Sony Video cam, and it works fine! I don't understand why my PSP is can't recognise it though! I have one Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 8 GB, but I want to use 16 GB instead. The Lexar card can't be fake, because I bought it from a legitimate shop.

Currenly I'm using 5.50 Gen-D3 as CFW.

Crimsonclaw111 said:
I once had a Lexar card...never again.

Crimson, what's wrong with Lexar cards?

QUOTE(ShinRyouma @ Jun 5 2010, 03:02 AM)
I heard that PSP can only recognise up to 32GB memory stick, if this is true 64GB can't be used for PSP. Am I wrong?

No idea. That's why I'm wondering if it's possible.

Zendo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Crimsonclaw111 said:
QUOTE said:
Crimson, what's wrong with Lexar cards?

I'm pretty sure it was a bad card, but it completely corrupted. I couldn't salvage it with the panasonic formatter either...
I don't know. One bad experience, you know?

Right, I have googled a bit, and found mostly people are not really satisfied with the Lexar cards. Guess I should stick to Sony next time.

I guess my card might also be corrupted. I will try to check out later. Besides that, if anyone still has tips to help me out. I will be appreciated!

Lodovik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've bought this Lexar 32GB from Newegg about a month ago and haven't got a problem with it. Speed is comparable to my 16GB Sony original, reads are noticeably faster, writes are maybe a tad slower but very close. I use it in a PSP-3001 with firmware 5.03 and chickHen and I have no problem with any of the 25 emulators I was running before on the Sony stick. No problem either with the categories plugin or the Pops loader.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the Lexar and the price is lower than buying the Photofast with two cheap 16GB MicroSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8