Lexar 32GB Pro Duo PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Rasas, Apr 7, 2010.

Apr 7, 2010

Lexar 32GB Pro Duo PSP by Rasas at 8:16 PM (6,586 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. Rasas
    OP

Banned Rasas Banned

United States
    I am planning to buy a Lexar platinum II 32GB for $88.99 on Newegg for my Playstation Portable. I have heard that some plugins do not work with the Lexar memory card. Does the problem still exists and are there any noticeable speed differences the speed the same as the sandisk and sony's ms pro duo?

2. chriso

Newcomer chriso Advanced Member

United States
    I had a 2 and a 4gb Lexar I used for slim and fat that worked great. No speed issues or Homebrew/SePlugin issues what so ever (comparing to Sandisk and Sony brands). I read up on it a little and the only issue I read it has a slightly longer read time compared to smaller cards.

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Lexar Platinums are historically twitchy with Plugins, and possess inferior speeds. Personally i'd save yourself potential issues and go for a Sandisk. May cost a bit more but it's worth it in the long run.

4. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    Or get yourself a Micro SD to Pro duo adapter and buy some micro sd. Ends up a lot cheaper. And you can get a two slot adapter and put two micro sd in at 32gb each making it 64gb compatible

5. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    Man, I've been looking at the options for a while now. I'm fine with my 2x4GB though...E3 is all of 2 months away and I'd rather not buy anymore micro SD's without knowing if they'll be compatible with the future XD. It'll be interesting to see whether or not the new devices from nintendo/sony will have SD capability.

6. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
    I would just save a little more and buy a sony one, they are not that much more expensive.

I tried one of those things, it was slightly thicker than a pro duo so had to be pulled out of the damn slot with pliers, and the psp kept "loosing" the memory stick.

7. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    This is just bad luck, I have one now with two 8gb cards in it and it its the regular thickness. It works perfectly for me, guess it depends which one you get eh, it save you a lot of moeny in the long run though as Micro Sd cards are a lot cheaper than Pro Duo and the adapter cost like £2 ( I got mine for £1.99 )

8. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Couldn't get my Photofast CR-5400 working in my PSP either no matter what i did. My PC recognised it and could format it to work, but no matter what i tried the PSP couldn't see it as a MS.

9. luke_c

Member luke_c Big Boss

United Kingdom
    I couldn't get Cheatmaster Fusion to work on my Lexar card, but it works fine on my Photofast

10. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    PSP couldn't format mine but after formatting in my PC it sees it just fine.

11. Gvaz

Member Gvaz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Do yourself a favor and get two 16gb instead, use the money you saved and invest it in something else.

12. 67birdman

Member 67birdman GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Yea, I'd second the micro SD idea. [​IMG]

13. Zendo

Newcomer Zendo Advanced Member

Albania
    Hey!

Sorry for bringing up this old thread. I'm just curious if it's possible to get 64 GB by using micro SDHC 32 GB each on Memory Stick Pro Duo with 2 slots?

If not, 32 GB would go well for me.

Edit. Just a another question. I have a Lexar 16 GB magic gate Mark 2, but Why can't my PSP Phat read it?

14. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    It might be fake Lexar, or you might need to update your firmware if your firmware is ancient.

I've tried the dual 32gb microSD, but the PSP always craps out on it at various points. (PSP-2000)

15. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    I heard that PSP can only recognise up to 32GB memory stick, if this is true 64GB can't be used for PSP. Am I wrong?

16. Crimsonclaw111

Member Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I once had a Lexar card...never again.

17. Zendo

Albania

No idea. That's why I'm wondering if it's possible.

18. Crimsonclaw111

Member Crimsonclaw111 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm pretty sure it was a bad card, but it completely corrupted. I couldn't salvage it with the panasonic formatter either...
    I don't know. One bad experience, you know?

19. Zendo

Albania

Right, I have googled a bit, and found mostly people are not really satisfied with the Lexar cards. Guess I should stick to Sony next time.

I guess my card might also be corrupted. I will try to check out later. Besides that, if anyone still has tips to help me out. I will be appreciated!

20. Lodovik

Newcomer Lodovik Newbie

Canada
    I've bought this Lexar 32GB from Newegg about a month ago and haven't got a problem with it. Speed is comparable to my 16GB Sony original, reads are noticeably faster, writes are maybe a tad slower but very close. I use it in a PSP-3001 with firmware 5.03 and chickHen and I have no problem with any of the 25 emulators I was running before on the Sony stick. No problem either with the categories plugin or the Pops loader.

Overall I'm very satisfied with the Lexar and the price is lower than buying the Photofast with two cheap 16GB MicroSD.