Hacking Letterbomb Not Showing

GreenShallow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EDIT: Thanks everyone for the responses, I ultimately used str2hax to install the homebrew channel. Special thanks to XFlak.

Sorry for making another thread on this topic, but nothing listed in the other threads fixed the problem. I'll list what i've tried:
  • Using another SD card
  • Checked yesterday and today dates, and even earlier/later
  • Wii date and time is correct
  • Formatting my SD card with FAT32
  • Entered the MAC address and version (4.3E) correctly
I've even tried flashhax many times, and that always just crashes the Wii.

I have letterbombed this Wii before, but deleted the homebrew channels a few years back, just incase that info is relevant.

Last edited by GreenShallow,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for making another thread on this topic, but nothing listed in the other threads fixed the problem. I'll list what i've tried:
  • Using another SD card
  • Checked yesterday and today dates, and even earlier/later
  • Wii date and time is correct
  • Formatting my SD card with FAT32
  • Entered the MAC address and version (4.3E) correctly
I've even tried flashhax many times, and that always just crashes the Wii.

I have letterbombed this Wii before, but deleted the homebrew channels a few years back, just incase that info is relevant.
what kind of SD are you using

GreenShallow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can try looking a day or two before and after where it should be. You can make sure your sd card is undamaged. You could try str2hax instead, or a disc based exploit like smash stack

Thanks for the quick response. I did try looking a few days before and after and not show. I had never heard of str2hax, so i tried it out and sure enough it worked! Thanks so much :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what kind of SD are you using
I was using a SanDisk 8GB SDHC and also tried a Kingston 8GB SDHC, neither seemed to work. Thankfully another installation method worked, thanks for the quick response anyhow!

Reactions: XFlak

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
in my experience you have to use a SD card that isn't HC or XC, so an old type of maximum capacity of 2GB, if you find that. i've saved a pair of them only for this purpose!

GreenShallow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
in my experience you have to use a SD card that isn't HC or XC, so an old type of maximum capacity of 2GB, if you find that. i've saved a pair of them only for this purpose!
I'm sure I remember these same SD cards working in the past. The Wii recognizes them because the SD symbol turns blue, but the homebrew channel just doesn't show the apps. Using a USB works to install apps, but now I want to install CTGP-R and it doesn't seem like that's possible.

alivebacon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wrong! I have used a 16 gig card and it worked, so W R O N G m8

I'm sure I remember these same SD cards working in the past. The Wii recognizes them because the SD symbol turns blue, but the homebrew channel just doesn't show the apps. Using a USB works to install apps, but now I want to install CTGP-R and it doesn't seem like that's possible.
OK, either HBC is only showing apps from USB or you havent installed properly on sd.
For most apps, extract the "apps" folder to the root of ur sd.
icon.png, meta.xml, and boot.dol should go in a folder that's inside the apps folder that's on the root of ur sd.

GreenShallow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wrong! I have used a 16 gig card and it worked, so W R O N G m8

OK, either HBC is only showing apps from USB or you havent installed properly on sd.
For most apps, extract the "apps" folder to the root of ur sd.
icon.png, meta.xml, and boot.dol should go in a folder that's inside the apps folder that's on the root of ur sd.
I definitely put the files on the SD correctly, since i copied them to the USB and that worked fine. Pressing 1 on HBC showed that it was definitely reading from the SD. I've also tried formatting the SDs multiple times. If I could install CTGP-R without needing an SD card, there would be no issue, and I don't particularly want to use an MKW .iso file and an older version of CTGP-R.

alivebacon

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I definitely put the files on the SD correctly, since i copied them to the USB and that worked fine. Pressing 1 on HBC showed that it was definitely reading from the SD. I've also tried formatting the SDs multiple times. If I could install CTGP-R without needing an SD card, there would be no issue, and I don't particularly want to use an MKW .iso file and an older version of CTGP-R.
1. Use the wizard.
2. Go to CeX/Gamestop and get a disc, idk.
im british

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?