Lemmings DS v7 Full Released

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
If you make a Lemming a blocker, can you make him start walking again somehow?

Once a blocker always a blocker. Except ... BOOOOMM!

To make a blocker walk again all you have to do is dig under him using another lemming and hey presto, he walks...
wink.gif

wtf.gif
Really??? Dang.

jenngcia

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Update to my bug report... I found out that this only happens with Tactics mode of play. I was able to finish the aforementioned level in the Tapper style with no hitch whatsoever...

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everything seems to be working fine except for one problem i've found. Level 23 - fun "I've Lost that lemming Feeling" Isn't the right level. Matter of fact the level that it is doesn't even have a door in it. So you can't pass it at all.
They did put that level in the wrong place, it's supposed to be later in the game. It does have a door though, you just have to find it.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the change in how you select a Lemming to perform a task; tap a Lemming and he turns red, then select the maneuver you want it to use. Works very well.

In the title screen options, can someone tell me what the difference is between "Holder Style", "Tactics Style Hold", "Tactics Style Toggle", "Tapper Style Hold" and "Tapper Style Toggle" are? I don't understand what the differences are or exactly what that means.

I've been playing in "Holder Style".
huh.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lemmings DS Controls said:
  • The default style is called ‘Tapper style’. ‘Tapper style’ is similar to the original Amiga Lemmings control style: use the stylus to tap a lemming, and the tool will be assigned instantly.

There are two ‘Tapper style’ preferences, ‘Hold’ and ‘Toggle’. These affect how the shoulder button is used:
    • Hold means the game is paused while you hold either shoulder button. While holding one shoulder button, you can tap the other button to advance the game by a single frame.
    • Conversely, Toggle means you toggle pause on and off with the shoulder buttons.
  • The second style is call ‘Holder style’. In ‘Holder style’, you can hold the stylus against the screen to pause the game temporarily. Holding the stylus against a lemming cause that lemming to be highlighted. While a lemming is highlighted, tap any shoulder button to assign the current tool. This style can be useful if you are trying to pick a single lemming from a large group.
  • The final style is called ‘Tactics Style’. ‘Tactics style’ is basically a reversal of the original Lemmings style. You must click on the lemming first, and then the tool you want to assign.’Tactics style’ offers the same ‘Hold’ and ‘Toggle’ preferences as ‘Tapper style’.
  • Use the directional pad or XYBA to move the camera in any control style. Hold the Start button or hold the stylus against the Fast Forward button to increase the game speed. You can use Fast Forward while the game is paused; the game will stay paused once you release the Start button. To restart the current level, press Select three times rapidly.
  • Zoom in and out using the zoom controls in the lower left corner of the touchscreen.
  • Shutting the DS’ lid will pause the game.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NO WAI

It doesn't work on my Ewin2 (and the only other card I have is the G6 real which doesn't have DLDI yet D:_<

How will I survive without Lemmings until my CycloDs comes?? ;_;

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm working on fixing the issue with "I've Lost That Lemming Feeling" expect it soon.
FAN UPDATE BY THE WAY NOT OFFICIAL

EDIT: Alright done. Drop this in the levels->1player->standard->fun
http://www.mediafire.com/?1d9mg3tugig

You're welcome guys
smile.gif

ALSO: I don't know if it was discussed, but v7.1 has been released, but it doesn't fix the problem I just fixed.

DavePS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone is having issues with Supercard SD not running lemmings properly, try the alternative DLDI driver (scsd_moon.dldi), I kept getting config file not found with chism's driver but all works fine now with this driver

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lemmings DS Controls said:
  • The default style is called ‘Tapper style’. ‘Tapper style’ is similar to the original Amiga Lemmings control style: use the stylus to tap a lemming, and the tool will be assigned instantly.

There are two ‘Tapper style’ preferences, ‘Hold’ and ‘Toggle’. These affect how the shoulder button is used:
    • Hold means the game is paused while you hold either shoulder button. While holding one shoulder button, you can tap the other button to advance the game by a single frame.
    • Conversely, Toggle means you toggle pause on and off with the shoulder buttons.
  • The second style is call ‘Holder style’. In ‘Holder style’, you can hold the stylus against the screen to pause the game temporarily. Holding the stylus against a lemming cause that lemming to be highlighted. While a lemming is highlighted, tap any shoulder button to assign the current tool. This style can be useful if you are trying to pick a single lemming from a large group.

• The final style is called ‘Tactics Style’. ‘Tactics style’ is basically a reversal of the original Lemmings style. You must click on the lemming first, and then the tool you want to assign.’Tactics style’ offers the same ‘Hold’ and ‘Toggle’ preferences as ‘Tapper style’.

• Use the directional pad or XYBA to move the camera in any control style. Hold the Start button or hold the stylus against the Fast Forward button to increase the game speed. You can use Fast Forward while the game is paused; the game will stay paused once you release the Start button. To restart the current level, press Select three times rapidly.

• Zoom in and out using the zoom controls in the lower left corner of the touchscreen.

• Shutting the DS’ lid will pause the game.

Cool thanks. It looks like I must have been playing "Tactics Holder", and not "Holder"
wacko.gif

Empyre

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.dsbrew.com
XP
Country

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Noticed another issue...Some levels such as "If only they could fly" have object placement issues. Nothing gameharming, but in that level for instance some of the ceiling tiles don't touch the ceiling as they did in the beginning. I've noticed this in a few other levels, but so far it hasn't been an issue. They apparently use a converter to convert the levels over to the format they use, but as we can see it needs some work.

Overall good homebrew, I am still playing it! Good stuff
smile.gif

Rayder

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now there is a 7.02 version out. What changed? (I have 7.01) Is it really necessary to get 7.02 and start over again? Does 7.02 still have known bugs?

EDIT: OK, I see what changed.....

mouarf

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Now i see the file but when i execute it I only get two white screens :S I've patched it correctly with DLDI

I'm having exactly the same problem :'(

I'm using Supercard Lite (microSD) with 2GB Sandisk card. I correctly patched with DLDI. Supercard software (latest version) can't see the folders although they are visible in Windows explorer. I created the folders manually (takes long time...), Supercard software could see them, but I got two white screens when launching the game.

Help
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1