Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
SO I bought a Legend Of Zelda cart from my local gaming store, and it is MOST DEFINITELY real. I checked the board and everything.

When I first bought it, it worked fine, but I tried to play it again and it gave me the classic "Game Pak Error. Please Turn Power... blah blah blah" error, as if it's fake/emulated.

I tried cleaning the contacts, trying it in all my Game Boys, and nothing. It does not seem to work.

Anybody have any idea why? It does not use an internal save for the battery (a lot of GBA games don't) so that can't be the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I really want this to work. I lost the receipt for this purchase, so... yeah.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if this game uses a battery or not (I have it but I haven't checked if it's a battery save or an eeprom).

If it's a battery, try to short it to clear the memory. EDIT: I haven't read completely your post, so it's not a battery... it's an eeprom.

If it's not a battery, try Rudolf's gba backup homebrew, and try to send a blank or known working save for this game.

I've heard this game has some sort of anti-piracy, so if the previous owner have messed with an actionreplay/gameshark, he maybe have triggered it.

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Try to put Game Pak in GameBoy not to the end. Leave some of it sticking out of GBA, like 1 or 2 milimeters. Maybe contacts are clean but bit used.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Legit Gamepaks can have problems too, you know. I have a legit Fire Emblem game pak which erases its save once or twice a year. Dunno what happened :l

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Lube: Sounds like the battery screws up or something..
Schlupi: You checked the board and everything? What kind of screw was it to open the cart?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
It's a Triwing. Like I said, it is definitely a real Classic NES Zelda cart. I have Zelda II for the GBA and the board matches that one (official, Nintendo logo, etc.)

I COULD just play it on my EZ Flash IV, but I paid 15 bucks for this cart and I have not even gotten to play it. =/ I just wish it would work.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
SO I bought a Legend Of Zelda cart from my local gaming store, and it is MOST DEFINITELY real. I checked the board and everything.

When I first bought it, it worked fine, but I tried to play it again and it gave me the classic "Game Pak Error. Please Turn Power... blah blah blah" error, as if it's fake/emulated.

I tried cleaning the contacts, trying it in all my Game Boys, and nothing. It does not seem to work.

Anybody have any idea why? It does not use an internal save for the battery (a lot of GBA games don't) so that can't be the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I really want this to work. I lost the receipt for this purchase, so... yeah.

Take it back to the store and hope the store employee remembers you. I'm at a point at the local gamestop that they don't ask me to see the receipt to exchange a disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: leo @'d me in a thread about his last dream, stating he was passionately making out with a guy...