Legend of Zelda Classic NES series "Game Pak Error"

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Schlupi, Apr 14, 2011.

Apr 14, 2011
  1. Schlupi
    OP

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    SO I bought a Legend Of Zelda cart from my local gaming store, and it is MOST DEFINITELY real. I checked the board and everything.

When I first bought it, it worked fine, but I tried to play it again and it gave me the classic "Game Pak Error. Please Turn Power... blah blah blah" error, as if it's fake/emulated.

I tried cleaning the contacts, trying it in all my Game Boys, and nothing. It does not seem to work.

Anybody have any idea why? It does not use an internal save for the battery (a lot of GBA games don't) so that can't be the issue.

Any help would be appreciated. I really want this to work. I lost the receipt for this purchase, so... yeah.

2. Vigilante

Member Vigilante TempLurker

Philippines
    For last resort just play it on an emulator.

3. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    I don't know if this game uses a battery or not (I have it but I haven't checked if it's a battery save or an eeprom).

If it's a battery, try to short it to clear the memory. EDIT: I haven't read completely your post, so it's not a battery... it's an eeprom.

If it's not a battery, try Rudolf's gba backup homebrew, and try to send a blank or known working save for this game.

I've heard this game has some sort of anti-piracy, so if the previous owner have messed with an actionreplay/gameshark, he maybe have triggered it.

4. Sonic0509

Member Sonic0509 Sometimes I'm Maryushi3

Poland
    Try to put Game Pak in GameBoy not to the end. Leave some of it sticking out of GBA, like 1 or 2 milimeters. Maybe contacts are clean but bit used.

5. Schlupi
    OP

United States
    No luck with the cart coming out trick...

I will try to write a blank save to it with Rudolph's as soon as I get to access a Phat DS. Maybe I'll just swing by my local Game Stop to borrow a used one lol.

6. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Are you sure it's a real cart?
    I have a few counterfeit GB/GBC/GBA Zelda games.

7. Lube_Skyballer

Member Lube_Skyballer GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Legit Gamepaks can have problems too, you know. I have a legit Fire Emblem game pak which erases its save once or twice a year. Dunno what happened :l

8. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Lube: Sounds like the battery screws up or something..
    Schlupi: You checked the board and everything? What kind of screw was it to open the cart?

9. Schlupi
    OP

United States
    It's a Triwing. Like I said, it is definitely a real Classic NES Zelda cart. I have Zelda II for the GBA and the board matches that one (official, Nintendo logo, etc.)

I COULD just play it on my EZ Flash IV, but I paid 15 bucks for this cart and I have not even gotten to play it. =/ I just wish it would work.

10. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Take it back to the store and hope the store employee remembers you. I'm at a point at the local gamestop that they don't ask me to see the receipt to exchange a disc.