Hacking Left/Right button boards interchangeable between 3g/wifi 1000?

Trivialcoffee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi gbatemp quick question,

are the left and right button boards for the 3g vita interchangeable between it and the standard wifi 1000 models?(and vice versa)

Trivialcoffee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least one seller claims they are different (aren't the antennas on one of the button cards?)

I'm not sure about the left board but the board for the right face buttons and analog have an extra connector for some part of the 3g stuff although I've taken it off and haven't had any issues.
I would think theyd be interchangeable but i wanted to make sure first before buying any parts

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the left side board. One that has ps button. Just had to use the 3G back plastic because a metal prong was in the way and I didn’t want to clip it off the board. The right side one idk if has any raised spots on it. Maybe just a a little pin for the 3G chips wires to clip onto it. I needed a ps button side cause my joystick leaked fluid and screwed up that side. Ps button light would flicker and stay off and loss function of buttons. Think the liquid was joystick lubricant and it left film over contacts so caused issues so bought broken screen 3g vita cheap and swapped the board and just used the back plate. But it works fine in my reg 1000 vita

Trivialcoffee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the left side board. One that has ps button. Just had to use the 3G back plastic because a metal prong was in the way and I didn’t want to clip it off the board. The right side one idk if has any raised spots on it. Maybe just a a little pin for the 3G chips wires to clip onto it. I needed a ps button side cause my joystick leaked fluid and screwed up that side. Ps button light would flicker and stay off and loss function of buttons. Think the liquid was joystick lubricant and it left film over contacts so caused issues so bought broken screen 3g vita cheap and swapped the board and just used the back plate. But it works fine in my reg 1000 vita
So the boards work in either system i guess, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-