Left Joycon Sliding Out Without Push Of Button?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by RiggityRat, Jun 8, 2017.

1. RiggityRat
    OP

RiggityRat Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2017
    United States
    I bought a Nintendo Switch about a month ago, and just yesterday I noticed a problem where the left joy-con slides out without pushing the button. I think I know what the problem is, I'm just not sure how to fix it. It seems as if the latch on the left one is pushed in more than the right one. Hopefully, someone knows the answer.

2. RiggityRat
    OP

RiggityRat Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2017
    United States
    Actually, now that I look closer, it seems that a part chipped off of the latch

3. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Go to a service center, throw them the left joycon to the head (be sure to make a hit) and get a new one for free.

PS: On the bad side, you may get back a desynching joy con, I already have two, they are a PITA.

4. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 Ace Bricker

Apr 13, 2017
    United States
    Outside your windows ᕙ(◔ᗜ◔)ᕗ
    I would have to agree. My joycons don't really desync, but when they do, it's SO BAD. Heck, once I climbed a building in LC:U for like 20 mintues, and then, my joycon desynced. To be continued.

Last edited by BlastedGuy9905, Jun 8, 2017
  5. warmo161

warmo161 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 3, 2011
    United Kingdom
    A house
    Ive had this issue start too, ive gone through nintendo's service site to request a label, so see what happens

Wierdly though, why isnt it the right? And also, I dont understand why such a important mechanism is made out of plastic...