Gaming Left handed troubles

L-Lawliet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone else have any troubles playing FPSs on the DS? Modern Warfare is practically impossible for me. Are there any games which have left handed options, or the option to use buttons instead (like Metroid Prime Hunters)

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Same as me - left hand obscures half the DS - glad LoZ:Spirit Tracks had a left handed option.

I have an extendable Stylus which alleviates the cramp - maybe something you can try?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No particular complaints for me (I use a pen-sized stylus). I can play Art Style: CODE on DSiWare alright, but I want a left-handed option for it.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
You can get them from Play.com (Hori - officially licensed - 2pack)

Modern Warfare DS is still tricky, would have preferred a Left handed Option

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
L-Lawliet said:
haflore said:
Play Moon, it has a lefty flip in the options menu.
I played, and enjoyed Moon, The game could have had a few more enemies though.
And a jump mechanism...
rolleyes.gif

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wamt a reason to kill yourself play C.O.R.E., it's got lefty flip too..and terrible gameplay.
Of course, of you don't feel the need to end it all play MechAssault Phantom War, lefty and buttons.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have this problem also with some games. I've been trying to train myself to use the stylus in my right hand, like I do with my mouse.
frown.gif

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I think you should try "Left Brain Right Brain 2"

In this game you learn how to use the other hand... it's good if you pratice every day.

-Edit-
Oh, and I don't know why in hell they made a second game, I don't know about the differences, I played the first one and it helped me a lot.

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, I played it but you will have to play it everyday for at least 20~30 minutes, if you really want to change it's up to you make a profile in this game and play it everyday.

Thanks to those stupid exercises in the game I can write with my left hand but it's not 100% yet (very close to it).

As I said before, I never played the second game and I don't know why they released a second game because there isn't much to change, so I can't really say which version is better.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Edhel said:
I have this problem also with some games. I've been trying to train myself to use the stylus in my right hand, like I do with my mouse.
frown.gif
But in almost all OS's you can change the buttons of the mouse and most low end mouses work fine both ways.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
playallday said:
Edhel said:
frown.gif
But in almost all OS's you can change the buttons of the mouse and most low end mouses work fine both ways.

True that. It just became awkward when I was in school, so I just eventually changed to using the mouse with my right hand. Felt horrible at first, now it feels fine. In fact I can't really use a mouse with my left hand any more.
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay