mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
so i ordered the supercard DS-1 + 2gb Japanese Kingston microSD from leetmod.com, and the memory card is acting kind of weird. Here's the problem:

when i do the "auto detect memory card speed" function on the Supercard, usually Japanese Kingstons will get detected at speed 25. At least the ones i got from newegg.com or buy.com did. but the supposedly "Japanese Kingston" i got from leetmod returned with an error that said, "SD card too slow."

i tried formatting the cards with Panasonic Formatter and that didn't change anything. has anyone else encountered this problem with memory cards from leetmod? are there fake Japanese Kingstons?

george_kronberg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've got just the same problem - "sd card too slow"
i've bought my kingston micro sd 2gb at amazon, and have just verified it at kingston site - "The flash memory product you inquired about has been verified to be an authentic Kingston product."

maybe it's because of faulty supercard? do you have any problems with games' freezes? i have tried just few titles for the moment (bought my supercard last friday), but few of them had problems with the first start (then works fine), and at least one - "lunar knights" could't start at all, it freezes during the intro.

(sorry for my english:)

mixinluv2u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
hey thanks for replying, i guess not many people are running into this problem?

i had an old supercard and old microsd (japanese kingston) that i have been using for a long time and that one runs fine without freezes, and i was able to autoset the speed just fine.

then i bought a new supercard and new microsd (also japanese kingston supposedly) from leetmod.com and ran into the SD card too slow error.

i tried inserting the new microsd into my old supercard and got the same SD card too slow error. so i am guessing the problem is in the microsd. maybe kingston has quality control issue? even though they are both made in japan?

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Auto detect card speed is useless anyway. I have Sandisk 4gb class 2 sdhc which gets a score of '5' lol.

But with FAT16 (panasonic sd formatter tool) I can set the manual speed to 28 just like my kingston 2GB japan ones and it will run the vaniaDOS intro at full speed... '30' will crash just like the Kingston 2GB cards.

note1.... for manual speed settings to work you must use the 'save menu' option or it will revert back to the old setting as soon as the leave the SC menu, ie run a game

note2... also for the SC to use the manual speed setting you must turn off patching for that game which makes RTS RTB and RTC not work, so remember to untick them too... basically turn off all options for the game you want to use the manual speed settings on...tho 'soft reset' and 'save patcher' is safe to use (I think, if memory serves me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool