Leecherz

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
... its image are copied/linked/leeched, we all know that.

But did you guys know about this :
http://www.blurty.com/users/phr0zen/

(scroll down a little...)

mad.gif

what about an anti leech system?
tongue.gif

thx to Nive (from playeradvance) for spotting this.

Garp

GBATemp's Wandering Gnome
Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...we seem to have lost his post. No big loss, though. I will never understand why people will go to a place they don't like, take the time to register an account with said place that they don't like, and then waste even MORE time posting about how they don't like the place they are posting at. It just boggles my mind.

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uhhh, Garp, we've had high count posters engaging it that activity. It's best not to try to understand their way of thinking or practices, lest you be tainted by their evil ways.
smile.gif

Garp

Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
That's true...you get inside their mind and they just take over. lol
I'll stick to my tried and true practices of respect, understanding, and wimpiness.
smile.gif

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On a side note, your posting prowess as of late is turning into both a blessing and a curse. The curse is that I'm seeing my Photoshop efforts far more often than I would like. The blessing is that you said that they should last you to your 1000th post, which seems like it could be in the next week or two.
smile.gif

the_unknown

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm...we seem to have lost his post. No big loss, though. I will never understand why people will go to a place they don't like, take the time to register an account with said place that they don't like, and then waste even MORE time posting about how they don't like the place they are posting at. It just boggles my mind.
because i'm bored.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Man loads of sites link to GBATemp screens.
When KiVan was here he used to mail them but I dont know where to see the infos that show who is linking.

Sometimes if a site does it for ages after we have mailed them, we swap the images for other 'not so nice images' and they usually stop.

Another suggestion if we don't script the link blocker, is to watermark the screens with www.GBATemp.net, but that is even more work for mods...

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Nah... that watermarking is stupid... it kills pictures and is like inviting peops to steal... although they would not get much... it tempts.

Garp

Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of like putting a kid into a room full of buttons and then telling him, "Don't push the buttons." Everyone knows what's going to happen.
smile.gif

chaoswolf82

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
another good one but one those of you who have never read sluggy would be. putting a homocidal minilop rabbit in a room filled with telemarketers and telling him not to kill them. if your interested in what i mean and are confused then go to www.sluggy.com.

off topic:i think i should get a sig and avatar but im not sure of what.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The best proof I've ever seen about the watermarking inviting piracy is -- get this -- Nintendo itself. For those who have the Prime/Fusion nintendo guides, look on the pages with the pictures of other Metroid games. The Metroid Database's watermark is clearly visible on some of them. (The guy who runs it, TJ Rappel, was actually elated by this, but he's the world's biggest Metroid fan, so he'd naturally love seeing HIS copy of Metroid shown on the pages of Nintendo publications...)

Oh, and from what I've seen of sluggy, Bunbun gets old really quick. From what I've seen of it thus far, it's less than impressive, but I've got friends fanatical about it... maybe I just haven't read enough.

-Tempest out.-

Garp

Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, yeah...I would probably take that as a compliment. Although I think it's funny that Nintendo doesn't have its own pictures of its own games. lol

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sometimes Fan-Art is better than the original. I found once a fan art of Spyro which was miles better than the original... it could not compete in quality (was a water color drawing) but this guy had it's own presence, his own life, a great picture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +3
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But can it completely remove RealPlayer? Lol jk
    +3
    I remember at one point it being pretty much labeled as malware lol
    I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo many machine people would be like "Why is my computer so slow?" lol because this thing is using like 30% of your system resources.....
    +1
    This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download DBZ movies and they where amazing usually like 2-8KB in size lol can't remember how many times I had to format and reinstall windows over his stupidity. I even explained to him about file sizes multiple times...
    +1
    yeah Bonzi buddy was malware sort of... It was borderline lol
    At minimum it was nothing anyone should have ever installed lol
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, RealPlayer is spyware too.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, RealPlayer is spyware too.