Leecherz

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
... its image are copied/linked/leeched, we all know that.

But did you guys know about this :
http://www.blurty.com/users/phr0zen/

(scroll down a little...)

mad.gif

what about an anti leech system?
tongue.gif

thx to Nive (from playeradvance) for spotting this.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I was going to ridicule the sucker, but check his post below the one in question and he more or less does it himself. Furthermore, a few further down he direct-links images on Penny-Arcade and Moviecomics. On his new site, every screenshot is also direct-linked from another server, ranging from Lucasarts to Mugen to Square to PA (again).

Honor among thieves is the best line I can think of to describe it too... dammit, Garp, you're stealing all my best lines!
laugh.gif

EDIT -- The only good thing to come out of this is by following his other link to the newer site (I can't find the GBAtemp leech there by the way...), there's a link to this. ATTENTION ALL TALES FANS: Click that.

-Tempest out.-

Maks

-----MAKS-----
Trophies
Website
www.hostultra.com
XP
Country
Bastards, with what do you suggest we take em down?

You realise that this pointless being is probably one of us, how else would he get that stuff?

EDIT: guess the hell what? click

no posts of course!

and he's a bloody Australian, gives a bad name to the internet and to my country

it just gets worse and worse!

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
you are wrong. this page is not about pirated games... it's a about gba, emulation, art, trash-talk... i see no pirated stuff here, or do you?
wink.gif
i never said there is any pirated material on the site, but it's definately *about* pirated material. maybe you should check your lenses and look at the front page? Super Hyper Thread Fighter Nuru Zushi EX2 Goku Edition (Rising Sun), what do you think those threads are about? and i can hardly see how anyone can have obtained some of these releases legally, seeing that they're quite often not aviable at stores when they're released. but still people discuss playing/leeching them etc (which is ofcourse not illegal, but still kinda obvious to any sane mind). Furthermore what law forbids link stealing? it's all rather legal what these guys do, so what are you bragging about? the whole "honor amongst thieves" thesis is crap too, just have a look at the endless intro removing threads.
Ok, no i gonna clear up some things here.

1) What you call 'about **** stuff' is only about what game dump has been released. Creating dumps is in no way illegal. It's like creating backups of your CDs, it's not illegal too. Better check your knowledge before accusating others.

2) Stealing Web Content means: stealing content(images, texts) without either asking the owner for the right to do so or at least place a visible reference to the origin of the material, especially if you write on a page that taking stuff like this is not allowed.

3) There is a big difference between dumps and web content stealing. you can only dump what's already there. you cannot create new stuff with dumps. Web content is creative material. If you steal and use it you create new stuff based on the work of others and they get no credit for it. That's not ok. It's an important difference you should know before carrying out attacks.

Dragonlord

Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
obtaining and releasing games pre-storedate == illegal. releasing them on the net == illegal. leeching those releases == illegal. discussing everything about it == legal. acting like everyone here is buying the games they play == legal. but stupid nonetheless. whing about people stealing your images while discussing about pirated games == stupid aswell.
If you only came here to stink around and are pissed off by this site then go away and hang around forums you like. I see no reason why you are still here though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple