Hardware Leaving wiiconnect24 on

Omgwtfisthat

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I was reading around on the internet that leaving wiiconnect24 on kills wiis? Apparently it makes the wii get really hot when in standby but mine doesn't. The stuff I read was from like over a year ago though..... so should I be worried? I've turned it off for the time being

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Wii does get hot if you leave it on for a looooooooooooooooooooooong time.
Otherwise, you should be fine (especially with a fan since they still work in standby)

Omgwtfisthat

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It gets hot leaving it on during standby? My wii is relatively new, bought it about a month or two ago. I read somewhere that the fan isnt on during standby (with wiiconnect24 on). Maybe its just with the old wii's?
biggrin.gif
I didn'tknow about the problem so I've left it on for the whole time I've owned the wii.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just because you can't feel the heat doesn't mean the insides aren't getting hot. Besides, there are other reasons for not wanting WiiConnect24 always on.
wink2.gif

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii was a year old......kept it cool and clean.....got internet service and played online over a month. Now my wii is at nintendo due to gpu being fried. I dont know if its old ones or not, but I will not use wiiconnect anymore

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When the wii was first released, FW1.0, there was a update to 1.1 that was SO LONG that it was said to fry your wii if you've done it while in standby. But my Wii is in standby mode for what... Maybe 6 months and nothing happened.

My wii is floating mid-air, so I think it helps cooling down, though.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Omgwtfisthat said:
Well I was reading around on the internet that leaving wiiconnect24 on kills wiis? Apparently it makes the wii get really hot when in standby but mine doesn't. The stuff I read was from like over a year ago though..... so should I be worried? I've turned it off for the time being

100% False information, just like "if you leave Wii Connect on Nintendo will update/brick your Wii".

This thread should be closed before any more speculation/false rumors start .... again. Been discussed way too many times

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Richy Freeway said:
blooddrake said:
but if you leave your wii on standby and wii24 on they will update, it happened to me,but luckly its was a long long time ago
They didn't and they wont. Stop talking nonsense.

QFT

Theres no single solid proven case that a wii has updated automatically due to wiiconnect 24, I dont even think the functionality exists.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs