learning Adobe Suite

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Blaze163, Jul 20, 2010.

Jul 20, 2010

learning Adobe Suite by Blaze163 at 11:54 PM (726 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I'm looking to learn the basics of the Adobe Suite program set as 'experience with the Adobe Suite' tends to crop up pretty often in games designer vacancies on the web. So what I want to know is:

- What programs make up the Adobe Suite? I know Photoshop and Acrobat are among them, but what's the full list?
    - Is there a 'For Dummies' book that will teach me the basics? I don't expect to become a master, just learn enough to get a grasp of the basics.
    - Anyone got any experience with these programs that can give me any helpful advice?
    - Anyone got any ideas for iphone apps or games 'cause that also seems to crop up on these vacancies.

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    There's a trial of CS5 master collection on their website. Download it and teach yourself, at 22 you still should have the cognitive ability to do that.

You really shouldn't have to ask what the 'full list' is when they have a website with a full list of all their applications.

3. Blaze163
    OP

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Cheers, found the trial. All a bit academic at the moment since I doubt my dad's crummy-ass laptop can handle anything above Diablo 2, but I'll be investing in my own laptop soon anyway so I'll make sure it can handle it. That's why I'm looking at getting a book of some kind so I can get a head start while I save up for my laptop.

4. murkurie

Member murkurie GBAtemp Fan

United States
    something our teacher used along side a terrible book, was videos/podcast off itunes and youtube, some of them are really good. why not look there?

5. Skye07

Member Skye07 GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    The Lynda.com ones are very good (video tutorials)

6. IchigoK2031

Member IchigoK2031 Wannabe Shirow Miwa...

United States
    idk, I find the best ways to figure out these things, is just to fiddle with the software, and eventually... you get it [​IMG]

7. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    1 - that was covered, check their site.

2 - yea, there are for dummies books out there. and websites and whatnot. www.good-tutorials.com is where i learned Photoshop (hours each night with Muse playing and tutorials running)

3 - Helpful advice - Learn ONE adobe program at a time. Photoshop is a great place to start. Once you have the basics done there, you can apply your knowledge of the menus, key commands and layouts in other Adobe programs (they're good like that).
    Also- LEARN KEY COMMANDS. They will save you so much time. You will be able to work so much faster and easier when you don't have to menu surf. Learn to mouse with one hand and use the other for key commands. You can use key commands for EVERY menu option (even brush/eraser/etc selections). Trust me, do this.

4- nope. don't know anything about iphone stuffs [​IMG]

PS- to anyone who denies the "key commands" advice, you haven't learned them, and you think you're golden now... learn a few and see what i mean. That's the most important rule i can tell you about Adobe.