OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is this even a decent idea?
I have a full sized midi/electronic keyboard that I've attempted to learn on getting part way through some adult learning piano books, but I lost interest and stopped.
Would RockBand 3 w/ the keyboard instrument offer anything for an aspiring keyboard leaner?
Other opinions?
at 80$ is isn't cheap, that money might be more worth a purchase of another midi like set top keyboard apt for things like garageband? like a cassio? (i'm speaking from *very* little experience)

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
If you really want to learn keyboard I suggest against the RB3 keyboard as it only has a few notes on it, rather than a full keyboard.
If you have a MIDI keyboard then you could purchase the converter and then use that. You'd have the full note range to play but remember only Expert Pro is the true track, the rest have been simplified.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest learning an instrument that you have genuine interest in.

Plus, if you want to learn keyboard/piano, I would contact someone who already knows and is willing to teach, either for free or a small fee.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
The Rock Band 3 keyboard is only an octave or so long, so you could hardly play anything on that. It's relatively easy to self-teach piano after learning the basics such as fingering and hand positions, reading notes, etc. (unless you wanna be real pro), so get yourself a full-sized keyboard if you're really interested, and see if you have a friend able to teach you a bit. If you want to get good at it though, like to the level that impresses people, you'll want to get an actual teacher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1