Launching rxTools using OoT3D(hax)?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MarcusD, Oct 28, 2015.

1. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    a pixel between life and death
    Hi!

I'm trying to boot into rxTools using OoT3D(hax). Here's what I did:
    • I downloaded OoT3Dhax from Yellows8's repo (https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax)
    • I ran these commands in order:
      • make EXECHAX=3 FWVER=0x1F
      • copy oot3dhax_eur.bin save02.bin
      • make clean
      • make EXECHAX=0 FWVER=0x1F
      • copy oot3dhax_eur.bin save01.bin
      • make clean
    • I renamed rxTools.dat to 3dshax_arm9.bin
    • I exported the save using SaveDataFiler
    • I ftbrony'd save01.bin, save02.bin and 3dshax_arm9.bin to the 3DS into their respective folders
    • Then I restored the save using SaveDataFiler
    But when I trigger the exploit, it just dies instantly with the "An error has occurred" screen. Any ideas?
    I also tried decrypting rxTools.dat, but I don't think it's Launcher.dat-encrypted, because I get "bad decrypt" with OpenSSL.

Btw, here are the save files: http://puu.sh/l0T5T/c4dcd78121.zip
    I'm on a downgraded 4.5.0-8E SYSNAND, and I have the cart version of the game (LNA-CTR-AQEP-EUR)

2. rotebrotobias

rotebrotobias GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 31, 2015
    It doesn't work that way. To install oot3dhax you need to use homebrew menu to install that to a cartridge, but it doesn't work on firmwares below 9.0.

3. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    I didn't needed homebrew launcher to copy the files to the cartridge. Anyways, using svdt (runs from homebrew launcher) does the same (it can modify files just like SaveDataFiler, but it has more control over it), and it still doesn't work.
    Also, if you visit the repo, it's stated that both exploits were fixed in 5.0, so your statement

is not true in this case. I think I'll ask yellows8 why it doesn't work.

4. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    So your way of getting help is to ignore the advice given to you, call the only person willing to help a liar and then say your going to someone who just, let's be honest, won't answer your question because it's trivial and he's way to busy for that

You'll fit in well here

lolzvid, MsMidnight and rotebrotobias like this.
  5. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    Sorry, It wasn't intended to hurt anybody, I just said it (in my plain English I can use), that it's clearly stated on the repo's readme that it only works below 5.0
    Also, that last sentence hurts me a bit, considering the content and the context of your message :mellow:

Also, none of the existing oot3dhax_installers worked for me, so I used svdt to copy the files over.

Also, that's not the way to tell someone to be a bit kinder to other people, because you say rude things to someone who never intended any kind of hurting anyone.

6. rotebrotobias

Jan 31, 2015
    Ok but then i can say that rxTools.dat and 3dshax_arm9.bin doesn't work the same way. Since you're on 4.5, why don't you just use the MSET exploit?

7. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    Yes, I just read somewhere that those .dat files aren't clean arm9 executable files, so probably that's my problem.
    And for the MSET... ye, I play DS games often, so every single time I wanna go into rxMode, I need internet to re-write the DS profile. I'm still trying to revieve my old crappy fake fake R4 Dual Core red PCB cart, so I could use CakesROP.nds to re-write the DS profile. But oot3dhax would be the best for me to load .dat files, since it's the only cart-based game I have that's haxx-able. The only thing I can think of is to find an ARM11-based payload.bin that can load rxTools.dat from the SDcard.

8. rotebrotobias

Jan 31, 2015
    In the lastest nightly build released "rxTools.dat has been moved to /rxTools/sys/code.bin" so maybe that one could work as arm9 executable file, since it does work with a 3dsx boot launcher where you can pick either arm9 or 3dsx. You can download it here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/blmecish...v4F5a/rxTools_10-02-15_19-07.9f48bb8.zip?dl=0

9. MarcusD
    OP

MarcusD nobody's hero

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    Thanks, I tried, but it still errors :hateit:
    I think the ARM9 loading "feature" of oot3dhax is broken. I'll search for a valid ARM9 binary to see if it is the file, or the payload that's broken.