Emulation Latest Emulator Updates

Rob0saur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone explain what I'm looking at here? I came from wii modding (which I'm quickly figuring out is significantly easier than the wiiu) and I'm completely lost...

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Latest MGBA WUP https://mega.nz/folder/tkcU1LjR#y9B7DoBRhFBawDoHR-kb2Q
Needs Testing I just quickly whipped it up also if works will work on icons and banners etc... as Im starting fresh on everything as i have a new pc

Genesis Plus GX Latest build i could find https://mega.nz/folder/FoVBDLYZ#JpZgjE7MqwnKsYKDoXbcEw
Again untested please give feed back i will eventually be redoing this thread and organise it better also need to finish modding the wii U I just haven't had chance to install coldboot yet.

Also please let me know what else is missing or wanted to be updated and will get them done
Thanks.
MGBA works perfectly with gamepad and all, but genplusgx shows a black screen.

Reactions: danny19901

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
can someone explain what I'm looking at here? I came from wii modding (which I'm quickly figuring out is significantly easier than the wiiu) and I'm completely lost...
once your wii U is modded install wup installer and then you need to install the emulators/injects with wup installer also if you have Facebook search for wii/WiiU Modders and we have a page that can help you out a lot more

Rob0saur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once your wii U is modded install wup installer and then you need to install the emulators/injects with wup installer also if you have Facebook search for wii/WiiU Modders and we have a page that can help you out a lot more
don't have facebook, but i can make an account. will the fb group explain how the emulators work? not super clear on how injection works. My girlfriend just wants a way to play her old dumped DS roms and the tutorials ive found on the topic are 3+ years old on youtube and only talk about older methods of cfw.

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
don't have facebook, but i can make an account. will the fb group explain how the emulators work? not super clear on how injection works. My girlfriend just wants a way to play her old dumped DS roms and the tutorials ive found on the topic are 3+ years old on youtube and only talk about older methods of cfw.
you may find some great help with it

Ok everyone I finally got round to getting the Wii U sorted out I've finally got CBHC installed and everything all setup I know it's been ages just been mega busy with life and funerals etc... But as it's finally setup there will be more stable updates also Icons and Banners are gonna be fully made also big thank you to everyone who has supported this helped out and massive thank you the guy who sent me the Wii U @tooknie I truly appreciate it

Last edited by danny19901,

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Whaw!!!!!
MGBA WUP is so great and convenient!!! All WUP emulators will be Finally GREAT!!! Spongebob was wrong.

Joining Retroarch, Nintendont.....EMULATORS WUP are the new programs that works with ALL controllers working!!!
YES gamepad+wiipro controller+wimote and evenwith a controller connected to the wiimote!!
If all where like that, no need to switch from one controller to the other ANYMORE!!! (almost!!)
It work So great!.....Well done Danny19901!!!! So....
MGBA WUP works perfect!!
Visual gameboy advance WUP works perfect!!
SNES9XGX works perfect!!
FCEULTRA GX WUP works but Gamepad is down, but wii pro controller and wiimote do works!
WII64 WUP.....Works but one BIG pb, the SD drivers are down, so cannot load from a SD card what your want to load.
GXGEO WUP...works but I need more testing...doesn't support gamepad
Genesis GX WUP, I get a Dark Screen like Ber71, so it's Down for me.

Last edited by mrmagicm,

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whaw!!!!!
MGBA WUP is so great and convenient!!! All WUP emulators will be Finally GREAT!!! Spongebob was wrong.

Joining Retroarch, Nintendont.....EMULATORS WUP are the new programs that works with ALL controllers working!!!
YES gamepad+wiipro controller+wimote and evenwith a controller connected to the wiimote!!
If all where like that, no need to switch from one controller to the other ANYMORE!!! (almost!!)
MGBA WUP works perfect!!
SNES9XGX works perfect!!
FCEULTRA GX WUP works but Gamepad is down, but wii pro controller and wiimote do works!
WII64 WUP.....Works but one BIG pb, the SD drivers are down, so cannot load from a SD card what your want to load.
Yeah thank you and expect updates in next week or so i know delayed but some family emergency had popped up so hadn't been able to get things done truly sorry everyone

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Whaw!!!!!

MGBA WUP works perfect!!
SNES9XGX works perfect!!
It duplicated sorry

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi danny, could you do some particular Wup apps for Wiiu? WiiSXRX,virtual jaguar, genesis GX (your first version didn't work)
Vectrex also would be nice, there is no good vectrex emu on wiiu (retroarch and vecwii are so Bad)
Could someone port it to wiiu from https://github.com/amaiorano/vectrexy ?? (this emu is good!!)
I'm not a programmer, is it difficult to port a program to wiiu when you have source code?

Last edited by mrmagicm,
Trophies
XP
Hi danny, could you do some particular Wup apps for Wiiu? WiiSXRX,virtual jaguar, genesis GX (your first version didn't work)
Vectrex also would be nice, there is no good vectrex emu on wiiu (retroarch and vecwii are so Bad)
Could someone port it to wiiu from https://github.com/amaiorano/vectrexy ?? (this emu is good!!)
I'm not a programmer, is it difficult to port a program to wiiu when you have source code?
That really depends on the context of the program. Some things even with Source Code provided are either just an incredible pain to port or are impossible without rewriting almost the entirety of the program yourself. One of the biggest reasons for this is because the Wii U runs specifically off of PowerPC which means the program given must be compatible with PPC or at least be able to be converted in some shape or form. However like I've said that isn't always easy. Circumstances may vary though.. So I'm not sure how I feel about giving a "general" answer on this as it really varies.

Reactions: SaulFabre

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One of the biggest reasons for this is because the Wii U runs specifically off of PowerPC which means the program given must be compatible with PPC
Nope. As long as the compiler is able to produce PPC code you'll be fine. The real issues will be API differences (like there's no DirectX, OpenGL or Vulkan on the Wii U but GX2) and endianess (like many codes do little-endian sheningans which fail on a big-endian CPU like the Wii Us).

Trophies
XP
Nope. As long as the compiler is able to produce PPC code you'll be fine. The real issues will be API differences (like there's no DirectX, OpenGL or Vulkan on the Wii U but GX2) and endianess (like many codes do little-endian sheningans which fail on a big-endian CPU like the Wii Us).
True, I was just giving a general statement since only programs I've written for Wii U have been by hand in PPC.

Reactions: V10lator

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How can you know a program is portable to wii or wiiu? Is there an easy way to port from wii to wiiu like Danny did for Snes9Rx WUP or FCEULTRA GX WUP? is it hard/long to do? What kind of language do you must know (powerpc or something else?)

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
How can you know a program is portable to wii or wiiu? Is there an easy way to port from wii to wiiu like Danny did for Snes9Rx WUP or FCEULTRA GX WUP? is it hard/long to do? What kind of language do you must know (powerpc or something else?)
The first thing that you have to understand, is that simply making WUP packages out of existent Wii emulators for installing on the Wii U, is not "porting" anything. They run on the console because the Wii U is already 100% native to the same architecture used in the two previous consoles, both Gamecube and Wii, hence why it runs without any extra effort.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok niuus, fine, but was I mean...I cannot use a dol file application to install with wup installer, so how do you pass from one to the other? is it recompiled from scratch or converted in some way? is the source of a dol file converted in Wup Format? possible to imagine a dol to wup converter someday?

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
ok niuus, fine, but was I mean...I cannot use a dol file application to install with wup installer, so how do you pass from one to the other? is it recompiled from scratch or converted in some way? is the source of a dol file converted in Wup Format? possible to imagine a dol to wup converter someday?
What???

There is already a WUP utility that creates installable packages out of any Wii application. Anyone with a potato PC and Windows can do it. There is no source conversion, no recompiling, or programmers knowledge required. You just add the dol, give it a name, create the package with a few clicks, and install, that's it. The problems arise with people that do not test their builds, so there is a risk of bricking.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

danny19901

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah everything made is with tekonmoons tool but I use a modded version with a few fixes as far as the emulators go I don't contribute anything I made this thread so people have some ease of access with it all and don't have to worry about trying to get it working or keeping track of updates etc... As said I have some stuff on way I'm just testing everything out ATM

Sent from my M2011K2G using Tapatalk

tehtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MGBA works perfectly with gamepad and all, but genplusgx shows a black screen.

I just tried making my own inject of Genesis Plus GX and the last build that worked for me is from April 8, 2021.

I've tried injecting several builds after that one and they either fail with a black screen or I get a "There is an error in the software's data" message when launching. It's probably a problem with the Teconmoon WiiVC Injector program, but not sure what can be done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls