Hacking latest/best 4.0 install method?

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey rather than sifting through the 33+ thread trying to pull details could someone compile the best way to install 4.0 and what functions we will lose from 3.2 (also will the wads we installed on 3.2 (along with their saves and all other wii save data) carry over to 4.0 or will we have to reinstall them all)?

thanks,
chaseincats

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
First I was thinking about updating, with all those topics on a custom 4.0 installation
But now with the the upcoming USB loader, I'll wait.

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ratpimples said:
i just used the guide by kongsnutz, works great, just be sure to use the patched iso60.

this is the final agreed method to use?

and are there any cons to this besides no starfall stuff?
and can we keep the wads that are installed after the upgrade or do those have to be reinstalled?

ratpimples

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaseincats said:
ratpimples said:
i just used the guide by kongsnutz, works great, just be sure to use the patched iso60.

this is the final agreed method to use?

well i'm no one to declare something like that but i've seen two guides for this stuff and both are the same.

and are there any cons to this besides no starfall stuff?

i don't know the list of cons but I do know that these work:

backuploader .3 gamma channel, hbc, programs within hbc (snesgx, fceu, wad manager, ftpii,) wads were still there that i installed and run from the sd card.

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
I thought Waninkoko's 4.0 updater was the worse method of going to 4.0?

I've been reading up, sifting through, but it's all so complicated. I haven't even used my Wii in 6 months or so I think, I don't have any CIOS or anything. Haven't even used this gamma loader or whatever (Although I have a modchip anyway).

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would pick icefireicefire's updater. It trucha patch all the newest IOS.

I heard that there are some issues with Shop Channel using his updater. Anyone have more information?

light_kun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I haven't touched my Wii since Brawl came out. Now I want to play MadWorld, but I'm not sure if it's safe to do so. I trucha signed Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB, etc. and I still want to play them. So how can I update to 4.0 without losing trucha?

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i'd wouldn't update my Wii till i have to, like the SD reading is awesome and such but i want to retain my CIOSCORP lol, even though i don't run from the disk channel but it looks better lol

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the manual way to do it and know exactly what you are doing explained:

cios 36 rev 08 installed
install patched ios60 via wad manager or 60/61/shop installer
upgrade to 4.0 via Nintendo
Iosdowngrader to trucha patch every IOS
Anytitle deleter to delete IOS 16 stub and IOS 254 if you like...both IOSes were added to prevent installing IOS16 and patchmii which installs into slot 254.

Best method here.

of course if you are already on 3.2 u can just upgrade with waninkoko's updater and install the patches ios 60 - save you lots of time.

JJBro1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll just wait until there is a be all and all package of everything that we need that retains everything that made 3.2 great, and still has preloader and starfall.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JJBro1 said:
i'll just wait until there is a be all and all package of everything that we need that retains everything that made 3.2 great, and still has preloader and starfall.

Me too. Let the others do the beta testing 8)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/BkUi1uEdCmk