Largest SD card thats compatable with RB2 & GHWT

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by ThaDraGun, Jul 25, 2009.

Jul 25, 2009
  1. ThaDraGun
    OP

Member ThaDraGun GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I finally set up my wii to download the DLC on RockBand 2, problem is when it first starts up it says that my SD card is not compatable. Its a 16gb SDHC card. Must be because its SDHC? or just 16gb is too big?

Whats the biggest SD card I can use for RB2, also is GHWT the same way? Pretty dumb that the sd card isnt working for this game but it works for everything else on the wii. Ah well.

2. dudenator

Member dudenator King of the Carts

Canada
    its a 2 gig sd non sdhc. short and sweet

3. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    Yes, just 2GB non SDHC until the next Rock Band and Guitar Hero installments come out, then it will be 32GB or whatever the max memory support the Wii has.

4. chA1nBull3t

Member chA1nBull3t GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm pretty sure there are 4GB NON-sdhc's out there too.

5. dudenator

Member dudenator King of the Carts

Canada
    yeah sorry its a four gigibite non sdhc

6. ChrisRX

Member ChrisRX GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    There are 4GB non SDHC cards out there but are quite difficult to find and are generally more expensive than the sdhc counterparts. 2GB is probably the largest that is readily available.

7. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    A non-SDHC card is not worth the money in the Secure Digital format above 2GB, they are much more expensive, I think I have only seen two models and both had bad reviews for slow performance. I wouldn't even be too worried about getting a 2GB, you can get em for like 9 bucks no problem and when the new Rock Band and Guitar Hero games come out, you can get an SDHC card of whatever size you want. Songs are not that big in size though, I have heard one Rock Band track is about 20MB on average, longer songs will be bigger obviously so 2GB will hold around 100 songs. Depending on your musical taste and what you want to download will obviously determine how many tunes you need to store at any one time.

8. grentuu

Member grentuu GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Have tried a 4gb sd non hc and it ran like a one legged cripple with athritis.

Stick to 2gb as advised, I have 2 one for WT and 1 for RB and they cost me under £5 each.

9. hazardous

Newcomer hazardous Newbie

United States
    I'm using a Transcend 4 gig sdhc x150 card. it seems to be working just fine.