Gaming Laptop to Hotspot?

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a sony vaio laptop running Windows 7.My NDS has problems with my current WPA router so is there an app that will let me use my laptop connected to the internet via internet usb as a hotspot that is WEP or no security?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
They discontinued it due to contractual issues with the manufacturer, BroadCom (iirc). However the idea behind that device still holds well. You can, for example, connect your laptop to the internet through ethernet and use the WiFi as an AccessPoint for your NDS to connect to (using Internet Connection Sharing). Or, if you can't use ethernet, you can get a certain type of WiFi dongle (I think it had to be reprogrammable, but I can't remember) to do the same thing.

I've got a Ninty USB WiFi, so I've never actually needed to use the above (and I can always change the secondary WiFi on my router to WEP for my NDS and PSP), although I have used the setup in reverse - connecting my Xbox 360 to my laptop through ethernet and used ICS on the WiFi to get internet on my Xbox.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rockstar said:
http://www.connectify.me/
I found that but no WEp, is there anything like that with wep or no security?

There is WEP encryption on Connectify. You just need to switch to Ad-Hoc (While connected to the internet VIA internet cable [WIERLESS SHARING WON'T WORK WITH THIS]).

Although that may not be the most correct, you may try that out and hopefully report with positive results 8D.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Connectify will not work with the DS. If you have an Intel supported wireless card though, you can use the MyWiFi Technology and it will work with the DS. http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/...less/mywifi.htm

These are the supported wireless cards:
* Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 1000
* Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200
* Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
* Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 + WiMAX 6250
* Intel® Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300
* Intel® WiFi Link 5100
* Intel® WiFi Link 1000

To find out what wireless card your laptop has, go to the Device Manager and check under Network Adapters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: afternoon