Hardware Laptop randomly shut off

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing a game earlier and my laptop randomly shut off, just went black instantly and was turned off.
It didn't die because the power cord is plugged in, and the light showing it's charging is still there.
...why did this happen?

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wouldn't be a HP by any chance?
Acer

Overheating.

Your laptop fan probably is full of dust so a good cleaning should fix the issue.

I'll do that, but I haven't had any issues with any other games? This is the first time it's done this. And my laptop wasn't that hot. I can play games where it is hotter such as Dayz and stuff without issue.

Is it easy to remove the shell to clean the fan usually?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't recommend trying to undo the shell yourself, most laptops are not intended to be opened and are a total bitch to get back together. You can usually get some cans of compressed air ("air duster") and just shoot the stuff into any hole and crevice you can find a few times while the machine is running to break up the clumps of just and let the laptop expel them as it can.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recommend trying to undo the shell yourself, most laptops are not intended to be opened and are a total bitch to get back together. You can usually get some cans of compressed air ("air duster") and just shoot the stuff into any hole and crevice you can find a few times while the machine is running to break up the clumps of just and let the laptop expel them as it can.

thanks, i'll try doing that tomorrow

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Over heat alright.

Computers these days have that sort of protection to avoid explosions and burns, that can also be a sign that your GPU is slowly dying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s