Gaming Language Pack problem

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to install a Language Pack for my computer the other day, because when I tried to type a few characters onto notepad, it ended up as square blocks. I tried to install the Language Pack via Windows Update (seeming as if it was the only way to get it) and aborted it, because I had to use the computer for something else and could not compensate for the slow internet browsing.

A few days later, I tried to reinstall the language pack again, but this time, I don't see the Language Pack available for installation or download. I've checked for updates - nothing. I've checked the Optional Updates section - nothing. I've checked the Important Updates Section - still nothing.

Is there another way to install the Windows Language Packs instead of using Windows Update to download and install it? It's a pain in the ass, especially since I have a horrible download speed.

I am r4ymond

PFE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Uninstall the language pack.
You may have to click the View installed updates on the left.

I did exactly what you told me to do. According to the 'View Installed Updates' section, it does not display anything having to do with installing a Language Pack, nor could I find it when I tried to uninstall a program/feature.

The last thing I remembered was the installation with the Language Pack being unsuccessful as I manually aborted it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-