Hacking LAH Australian consoles vs LU64/65

Spidereagle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have searched the forums and Google and have not been able to find an answer to this question. I have a Wii purchased in Australia with a serial number beginning with LAH. With all the issues surrounding the LU64/65 Wiis I was hoping that someone could tell me how to identify if the LAH version I have (and my mates) has the same software/hardware as the LU64/65. First 6 characters of the serial numbers are below.

LAH111 3.4e
LAH113 4.0e

Thanks in anticipation.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think you need to follow a guide for LU64 Wii, and try to install homebrew stuff in it, cause now all the Wiis coming out will have the same issues as the LU64, I mean LU64 was just the begining, but I don't think LU64 can exist forever, so if you bought the Wii around february and/or later (I think but not sure), you probably have a Wii with the same hardware limitations as an LU64..!!
smile.gif

Spidereagle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. Both Wii's were only bought in the last three months so your probably right it will likely have the same set-up as the LU64.

$uPeRJjS&#0

Trophies
XP
Country
Spidereagle said:
Thanks for the reply. Both Wii's were only bought in the last three months so your probably right it will likely have the same set-up as the LU64.

i got LAH.... and most australian consoles are LAH.... and mine works.....

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$uPeRJjS$kAt3 said:
Spidereagle said:

i got LAH.... and most australian consoles are LAH.... and mine works.....

It's the numbers that matter. Is yours LAH11? Did you buy yours within the past couple of months? If not this has nothing to do with what you have. And even if it is LAH11 it's possible like LU64's that some have the serial, but are still normally hackable.

LU64's are still hackable regardless, but you just have to do it without downgrading anything (using cboot2) And since any Wii can do that it's better to assume that it is an LU64 type Wii than not.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even the numbers don't seem to indicate much. At this point i've heard of people with LU65s doing the old IOS35 method, and people with numbers lower than LU64X running into problems. As you said probably best to just go ahead and use the cboot2 method no matter what, even if it means a slight bit of extra footwork.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM