Lack of tutorials/ guides for Mac users

Valkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there seems to be a lack of tutorials for how to do things for mac users, not just on here, but other places as well. As a Mac user I sometimes feel like I have to scour the deepest parts of the internet to find a simple tutorial that I can only hope is compatible with my os. I'm considering putting together some tutorials for Mac users and posting them on here so that if any Mac users are interested they can find a few tutorials in a common place. I would like to get your opinion on this, even if you're not a Mac user.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It's because MacOS makes up something like 15% of the entire market share of desktop PC OS's and is designed to be "simple" and "easy to use", so of course guides will be less prominent than something like Windows that everyone uses or Linux that has tons of open source/free documentation available.

As for making guides, go right ahead, more guides are also nice.

Valkie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because MacOS makes up something like 15% of the entire market share of desktop PC OS's and is designed to be "simple" and "easy to use", so of course guides will be less prominent than something like Windows that everyone uses or Linux that has tons of open source/free documentation available.

As for making guides, go right ahead, more guides are also nice.

True, also, I never took into account that Mac is advertised as simple and easy to use, I got my mac because I heard they lasted longer than regular laptops at the time, and I saw many of my friends having to get new laptops every 2 or 3 years, also helped that I had an iPhone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1