Hacking Lack of problems normal?

LodisKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to jinx myself or anything, but I was just wondering if my lack of problems is normal. I have cios249 rev19 base 57 for non-problematic games, cios222 rev 4 base 38 for games with accessories that aren't compatible with rev 5.1, cios223 rev 5.1 base 38 merged with 37 for most games with usb accessories, cMios 10 for all gamecube backups, and cios202 rev5.1 with base 60 for dvds. I have over 500 games on a 2 TB hard drive running through USB Loader GX rev937. Tons of crap USB forwarders, all WiiWare games running perfectly through either SD or SNEEK. I've only been doing this for less than a month, and everything runs seamlessly and FLAWLESSLY. Every game, every time. DVD backups, wii backups, and gamecube backups through the disc channel by loading cios249 for system menu, Prince of Persia, alternate .dols in Wii MotionPlus games and metroid Prime Trilogy, Monster Hunter Tri. Never any DREs or code dumps. Am I just lucky?

LodisKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MyMenuify (DarkWii ROCKS!) works perfectly as well, all on 4.2U. I guess what I'm saying is... Why are there some people afraid to update to the newer system menu (which has SD card support which I couldn't live without) because my experiences with 4.2U have been and still are completely flawless. I see a lot of people using 3.2U or 3.4U for their system menu. Why? Are there advantages?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
all the programs will always work perfectly, it's the people that won't.

you dig?

edit: you can find system menu differences here.

people stick with 3.2 because it was last SM to offically include the trucha bug.

people who stick with 3.4 are lost.

4.2 can do anything any previous SM could.

LodisKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just added the trucha bug, es_identift, and NAND permissions to all IOSs and cIOSs and the patches are even sustained through DOP-Mii updates. As far as I can tell, there are absolutely NO disadvantages to this and it is really easy to do as well. So why don't these people just do it and get with the 4.2U program. I also installed priiloader and BootMii via IOS and boot2 (which I know some pople can't do with the newer Wiis, but still...) and renamed the BootMii folder to BootMii.bak on the SD card in case I need it later. So far I haven't. That all went seamlessly as well.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
as it should.

this is all a result of properly reading directions!

now tell me, did you use a guide to mod your wii, if so which?

LodisKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The disadvantages to 4.2U at the link you provided say Error 003 and Boot2v4. I have never had problems with Boot2 and also have never encountered the 003 error. Why?

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LodisKnight said:
The disadvantages to 4.2U at the link you provided say Error 003 and Boot2v4. I have never had problems with Boot2 and also have never encountered the 003 error. Why?
the 003 error only applies to region changed korean wii's, which are pretty rare.

the 4.2 update does update your boot2 to v4.
but it doesn't matter anyways as newer wii's already have boot2v4 and older wii's can just reinstall bootmii as boot2.

LodisKnight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
as it should.

this is all a result of properly reading directions!

now tell me, did you use a guide to mod your wii, if so which?

I just used the CompleteSoftmodGuide to get bannerbomb and HBC help. After that, everything kind of fell into place and seemed self explanatory.

caster62003

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thats how it should be. The people who have issues never learned to read instructions before jumping into doing anything. Those people also feel like showing off to their friends what they can do, screw something up, then come running here for help, then they constantly bump their thread until somebody replys, 2 minuets later, because they think people get paid to help others on here...HA

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you see stupidity is contagious
now is just a relatively calm time
wait till there is another big wave
like the "lets delete the system menus ios" some months ago
then you will suffer to

*g*

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii is the easiest thing to hack and people who mess it up just aren't paying attention to the stupidly easy guides.

Well done for paying attention, may you reside here for a long time.

harmor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lack of problems is not normal.
Send your Wii along with $25.00 to my address and I'll fix your problem of having a lack of problems.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
LodisKnight said:
I don't want to jinx myself or anything, but I was just wondering if my lack of problems is normal. I have cios249 rev19 base 57 for non-problematic games, cios222 rev 4 base 38 for games with accessories that aren't compatible with rev 5.1, cios223 rev 5.1 base 38 merged with 37 for most games with usb accessories, cMios 10 for all gamecube backups, and cios202 rev5.1 with base 60 for dvds. I have over 500 games on a 2 TB hard drive running through USB Loader GX rev937. Tons of crap USB forwarders, all WiiWare games running perfectly through either SD or SNEEK. I've only been doing this for less than a month, and everything runs seamlessly and FLAWLESSLY. Every game, every time. DVD backups, wii backups, and gamecube backups through the disc channel by loading cios249 for system menu, Prince of Persia, alternate .dols in Wii MotionPlus games and metroid Prime Trilogy, Monster Hunter Tri. Never any DREs or code dumps. Am I just lucky?
It's not luck. The Wii as virtualy completely been ripped wide open by reverse engineers. I have a different setup then yours and yet it feels just as strong. I have ciosx rev19 base 37 installed to play few problematic game such as MH3. Also installed is hermes' rev5.1 cios 222 recommeded base to play all my other games. Few one uses alt-dol loading (ie. MoH:H2). I can also remember installing cios 202 using WiiMC's teem latest installer. I have a 1.5Tb HDD formated to FAT32. It contains movies and tv series, roms, ./apps folder, music and my games. They are splitted .wbfs files transered with WiiiBackupManager 0.3.5 beta1. I don't have a massive amount of games installed like you, here there is only 29 games runned from usb cfg loader 57b6-222. I backed up original wii scene releases rar files to another 500Gb external hdd. Running from real nand, my Wii is 4.1U with DarkWiiExtended black system menu. I have atleast 5 dark forwarders install, about 10 game channel launchers craeted with Crap to launch my fav games without going trough any loader. I use cheat to unlock characters or have infinite cash in few games (ie. N:CotnR3, TvC). Very, very few wiiwares are up to challenge me. So the 7 of them are always installed to real nand and there is atleast 220 free blocks left for savegame files.

Pip'

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
harmor said:
Lack of problems is not normal.
Send your Wii along with $25.00 to my address and I'll fix your problem of having a lack of problems.
i'll do it for $20
yaywii.gif

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Almost every post I respond to anymore is someone with modding trouble or a bricked wii.

I'm glad to see someone else on here who has done research...it pays off. Congrats on your problem-free console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu