Hardware Lack in build quality?

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I find myself having just replaced a 3DS. For the second time. And immediately have found it to correct absolutely zero in issues. The first I returned was due to strange markings on the screen. The second due to an extremely shaky top half. This? A combination of the two.

Good job Nintendo!

Has anyone else found the build quality of the 3DS to be absolutely abhorred?

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The strange markings wouldn't happen to be little streaks would they? cause if so thats from the bottom screen and they wipe off easily enough.

As for that hinge thing.....it doesn't really bother some people...some people claim not to have it...others do.....no idea whats going on with that

MahouMaster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the same thing, but they were rather dots on top of the screen which would absolutely not wipe away in any method. They weren't dead pixels, but more like small small scratches, right out of the box.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the same, tiny markings and thought something was wrong with my screen and later i realized it was dust.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ObJeCtIoN!!!! said:
Well my 3DS is absolutely perfect all round. The black shell looks superb and my hinge has no problems at all.

exactly! and im loving every minute i spend on my cosmo!

desam57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the aqua blue and i havent had any issues with it at all and i play with it a lot. i also get the two streak lines on the top screen bit they wipe off easily ad i have screen protectors

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I would not say a lack in build quality, but more of an inconsistent build quality, where each person seems to have something different going on with their system. For me, the 3D slider seems slightly loose, but I dunno if it is meant to be like that. Works perfectly fine though. Nothing else wrong with my unit.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Before even opening the box of my 3ds, i already prepared my screen protectors.
No screen problems for me. The wobbling top screen is there but its no big deal, i figure if nintendo made the joints tighter, the ribbon wires that connects the top screen with the bottom.screen might break or not transfer data properly.

Im a responsible gamer and i take care of all my gadgets so they tend to last long. But there is a possibility of getting a defective unit.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It not that it lack in build quality, but more like lack of transfer quality.

As in they was badly shipped.

Most came over like they was design to.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mine is perfect, no dead pixels, clear and scratchless screens, no loose hinge... everything's perfect.

I've hat the BSOD issue once, and a random freeze, but just once, and never again so it seems that everything's just fine with my unit.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
MahouMaster said:
I find myself having just replaced a 3DS. For the second time. And immediately have found it to correct absolutely zero in issues. The first I returned was due to strange markings on the screen. The second due to an extremely shaky top half. This? A combination of the two.

Good job Nintendo!

Has anyone else found the build quality of the 3DS to be absolutely abhorred?

Hey I have gotten all generations of the game boy ever since the large gray brick came out and have had no issues with build quality at all expect for the L and R buttons, So yea!

Good job indeed Nintendo!

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I find the build quality of mine to be superb, and much nicer looking than my old ds lite.
I guess some of them just have problems. Maybe nintendo was a bit slack with their quality control, in attempts to make sure they wouldnt run out of stock.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Loose hinge is my only problem as of now. We'll have to wait and see what problems might pop-up in the future. As for the overall build quality though, it feels a lot better than the DSes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: