L4T Ubuntu - A fully featured linux on your switch

switchroot.png

L4T Ubuntu
Intro
L4T Ubuntu is a version of Linux based on nvidia's linux for tegra project. It uses a different kernel compared to previous releases which allows it to use features not yet in mainline. Such as audio, docking support and vulkan.

Join our discord: https://discord.gg/53mtKYt

We have a wiki !
To facilitate our work we will only update our wiki from now on in order to avoid multiple outdated references, please refer to the following link instead of this page

https://wiki.switchroot.org/en/Linux/Ubuntu-Install-Guide

Credits

Bylaws,
Langerhans,
Ave,
Natinusala,
CTCaer(most of the hard stuff),
Gavin_Darkglider,
DanielOgorchock(Joycon drivers/joycond),
stary2001 (reboot2payload),
NVIDIA,
Azkali
Everyone else in switchroot - more info on that in the future.

Last edited by azkali,

Thorhax

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi :)

Have installed L4T...everything ok...but...ther's no Mouse Pointer, i only can touch....is there no Mouse?

JoyCon Data was dumped and the files left there where they made, if i detach the Cons, they get paired, but no Pointer at all?

Some Ideas?
press the screenshot button

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

hapse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys :)
Been having some fun with this and its working well, but I was wondering, I have been trying to make "show onboard" into a shortcut so I can click Y for example which will bring up the keyboard but I can't get it to work. Been googling a bit and have found the "custom keybinding" function but the commands I've tried have not been successful ("Onboard", "onboard" and "Show Onboard")
Anyone got some info on this?

Thanks for the cool work OP :)
-Hapse

Hongtm77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi guys, I have installed Box64 but WINE still not working on l4t. It seems like WINE requires 32bit libraries to run, and I'm still figuring out how to get Box86 or chroot to be installed on l4t. Anyone managed to get around with it?

faithvoid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
virtual.dimensionless.space
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I have installed Box64 but WINE still not working on l4t. It seems like WINE requires 32bit libraries to run, and I'm still figuring out how to get Box86 or chroot to be installed on l4t. Anyone managed to get around with it?

Box64 only works with 64-bit libraries/applications and will only work with WINE64 (which only runs 64-bit Windows applications). This might change in the future due to WINE 7.0 working towards getting 32-bit applications working on 64-bit WINE without 32-bit libraries, but that's a while off yet. Box86 + Debian chroot + Xephyr is 100% needed for 32-bit libraries/applications at the moment. I've been using both on my Switch for a while and it's...okay. Xephyr makes mouse support kinda wonky in games, but everything mostly works okay for lower-end gaming.

Hongtm77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Box64 only works with 64-bit libraries/applications and will only work with WINE64 (which only runs 64-bit Windows applications). This might change in the future due to WINE 7.0 working towards getting 32-bit applications working on 64-bit WINE without 32-bit libraries, but that's a while off yet. Box86 + Debian chroot + Xephyr is 100% needed for 32-bit libraries/applications at the moment. I've been using both on my Switch for a while and it's...okay. Xephyr makes mouse support kinda wonky in games, but everything mostly works okay for lower-end gaming.

thankfor the Hi,

Hi

Hi, thanks for the response. Actually the reason i wanted to use Wine is to install PKHEX.exe to edit the save file directly on my triple boot switch. And i think PKHEX is 64bit, so i guess i do not need the 32bit libraries? By the way i have installed WINE64 too, but for some reason, whenever im trying to open WINE, i got the 'it looks like wine32 is missing' error? Do I need Wine32 to run Wine64?

Hongtm77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, have anyone tried PlayStation Plus for PC before? It's a cloud streaming for PS games that doesn't need high end hardware to run. Wondering will WINE able to run this

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Hi, have anyone tried PlayStation Plus for PC before? It's a cloud streaming for PS games that doesn't need high end hardware to run. Wondering will WINE able to run this
It's unreasonably bad. Input lag, image quality, getting it to work with a controller, not worth it.

Xbox streaming is much better (tried it on PC and was pleasantly surprised), however, on switchroot Android it was not perfect either, though. But it's in beta, maybe it'll get better.

saffykun-t

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hy gys i have an issue when trying to login using dsktop enviroment ubuntu after entering password it boots me back too login screen. xfce4 works but if i log out it doea the same thing when trying to log back in also somtimes the screen goes blank and i cannot get it to wake no matter what i try. it happens enough thats its hindering my experience of the system cheers

saffykun-t

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hy gys i have an issue when trying to login using dsktop enviroment ubuntu after entering password it boots me back too login screen. xfce4 works but if i log out it doea the same thing when trying to log back in also somtimes the screen goes blank and i cannot get it to wake no matter what i try. it happens enough thats its hindering my experience of the system cheers
can you tell me how on xfce4 how to use power button for wake lock?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land