Hacking L button defective?

naveedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently discovered that my DS Lite Left shoulder button does not work any more. I mean it does kinda, but i have to push a certain way and really really hard. more than 80% of the time the L button does not work. it is unresponsive. this is very annoying in many games.

What is the best thing to do about this??? Is there a recall, does this happen alot? Should i try to take it aprat and try to fix it myself? Should i call nintendo and make them repair it, i really dont want to have to send it off thought...will they repair it for free?

What should i be reccomeneded to do?

I need my L button....

=[

Cerepol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your warranty is still active, use it.

You can also try to lift up the button and blow in it HARD (trust me it works for a while)

Otherwise try and find someone who knows how to solder really small (1/4 of a penny) size pieces. Then order a replacement off DealExtreme and install a new one.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
yep what the others said. simply place ur mouth over the button, and blow. u'd be surprised how effective that is, though it only works for a few months. mine is almost destroyed to >.< i can barely play fps now

naveedy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, why does everything to do with nintendo somehow fixed by blowing on it. when i was a kid i strt blowing on my scrapes and booboos. roflmao. i will go try this now. and i bet it will work because it never fails.

Hehe Moo

Moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSnWii0wn said:
This happened to me, too. I just blew on it and waited, and it worked. You could probably send it to Nintendo if it's under warranty, though; they'd be glad to fix it.

EDIT: I've been beaten to it...

DO NOT SEND IT TO NINTENDO!!!

Nintendo = Assholes to me.

I sent mine there because my L button was like that (excess Metroiding) and they said nothing was wrong with it. Sent it back, and I had to pay $35 because the bastards opened it up. They did nothing. It was still retarded after I got it back.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah Don't send it to Nintendo, same thing happened to me as Hehe Moo, I had a friend repair it for me for $10 later. Poor waste of 35 bucks, I would have bought a magic bullet D:

Arno

Trophies
Website
www.nerdtablecomics.com
XP
Country
United States
Hehe Moo said:
DSnWii0wn said:
This happened to me, too. I just blew on it and waited, and it worked. You could probably send it to Nintendo if it's under warranty, though; they'd be glad to fix it.

EDIT: I've been beaten to it...

DO NOT SEND IT TO NINTENDO!!!

Nintendo = Assholes to me.

I sent mine there because my L button was like that (excess Metroiding) and they said nothing was wrong with it. Sent it back, and I had to pay $35 because the bastards opened it up. They did nothing. It was still retarded after I got it back.

Nintendo's been really nice to me, actually. I've dropped it on tile, and it didn't turn on, so they fixed it; I've stuck a bare Mario Kart PCB in there (don't ask) and it didn't turn on after that, so they fixed it. All for free because it was under warranty. Don't start saying Nintendo's bad at repair. They can do some things right.

Rayout

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The blowing thing worked for me. It is dust on your contact. I'm sure that eventually there is too much dust within your system so you'd have to open it up and use a can of air to blow it out.

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
my R button stopped working for a while once.. then suddenly it turned back to normal. seems like everything on the right side is freaked out.

itstemo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My R button just gave up (to much Mega Man Zero [I am awful at that game]).

I might try blowing on it till I get the chance of buying a new button fixing it. I might as well buy like 3 extra one (I already had a problem with my A button as well).

Edit: Or Update: Blowing didn't work. I even try some of that Air Cans for computers. Oh wellz, I guess I will just fix it the old fashion way. Break it apart and replacing the part.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1