L button defective?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by naveedy, Nov 27, 2008.

Nov 27, 2008

L button defective? by naveedy at 1:35 AM (1,115 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. naveedy
    OP

Member naveedy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I recently discovered that my DS Lite Left shoulder button does not work any more. I mean it does kinda, but i have to push a certain way and really really hard. more than 80% of the time the L button does not work. it is unresponsive. this is very annoying in many games.

What is the best thing to do about this??? Is there a recall, does this happen alot? Should i try to take it aprat and try to fix it myself? Should i call nintendo and make them repair it, i really dont want to have to send it off thought...will they repair it for free?

What should i be reccomeneded to do?

I need my L button....

=[

2. Cerepol

Newcomer Cerepol Member

Canada
    If your warranty is still active, use it.

You can also try to lift up the button and blow in it HARD (trust me it works for a while)

Otherwise try and find someone who knows how to solder really small (1/4 of a penny) size pieces. Then order a replacement off DealExtreme and install a new one.

3. Arno

Member Arno GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This happened to me, too. I just blew on it and waited, and it worked. You could probably send it to Nintendo if it's under warranty, though; they'd be glad to fix it.

EDIT: I've been beaten to it...

4. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    yep what the others said. simply place ur mouth over the button, and blow. u'd be surprised how effective that is, though it only works for a few months. mine is almost destroyed to >.< i can barely play fps now

5. naveedy
    OP

Member naveedy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    lol, why does everything to do with nintendo somehow fixed by blowing on it. when i was a kid i strt blowing on my scrapes and booboos. roflmao. i will go try this now. and i bet it will work because it never fails.

6. hdofu

Member hdofu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    for me it was the r buttons, happened on 2 dses and a gba

7. Hehe Moo

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia

DO NOT SEND IT TO NINTENDO!!!

Nintendo = Assholes to me.

I sent mine there because my L button was like that (excess Metroiding) and they said nothing was wrong with it. Sent it back, and I had to pay $35 because the bastards opened it up. They did nothing. It was still retarded after I got it back.

8. Pizzaroo

Member Pizzaroo douchebag

United States
    Yeah Don't send it to Nintendo, same thing happened to me as Hehe Moo, I had a friend repair it for me for $10 later. Poor waste of 35 bucks, I would have bought a magic bullet D:

9. Arno

Member Arno GBAtemp Regular

United States

Nintendo's been really nice to me, actually. I've dropped it on tile, and it didn't turn on, so they fixed it; I've stuck a bare Mario Kart PCB in there (don't ask) and it didn't turn on after that, so they fixed it. All for free because it was under warranty. Don't start saying Nintendo's bad at repair. They can do some things right.

10. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    What seems to fix mine is just constantly pressing it.
    Amazing right?!
    You could try that
    normally takes me 1 min+ of constantly pressing

11. Rayout

Member Rayout GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The blowing thing worked for me. It is dust on your contact. I'm sure that eventually there is too much dust within your system so you'd have to open it up and use a can of air to blow it out.

12. iPikachu

Member iPikachu C3's personal flamebot and fail artist

Singapore
    my R button stopped working for a while once.. then suddenly it turned back to normal. seems like everything on the right side is freaked out.

13. itstemo1

Newcomer itstemo1 Member

United States
    My R button just gave up (to much Mega Man Zero [I am awful at that game]).

I might try blowing on it till I get the chance of buying a new button fixing it. I might as well buy like 3 extra one (I already had a problem with my A button as well).

Edit: Or Update: Blowing didn't work. I even try some of that Air Cans for computers. Oh wellz, I guess I will just fix it the old fashion way. Break it apart and replacing the part.