Question Kosmos Tool Box

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Crepeer1997, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Crepeer1997
    OP

Crepeer1997 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    Italy
    For some reason i've found my self with two copy of kosmos tool box in my sd card (one was 1.0.0 and the other was 1.0.1), now if u know how the latest tool box work you know that there's a button that allow you to access your homebrew menu (with the album+R button combo) the thing is that the older version (the 1.0.0) didn't had that, and create a conflict with the newer app, the thing is that now i've lost access to my homebrew menu, and i don't know how to get back in, the good thing is that the switch works normally.
    I've already tried to delete (both version) and to put back in the latest one but i still can't access the HB menu.

2. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    1.0.0 and 1.0.1? What FW are you on? The latest version of Kosmos is 12.1.1 so I'm not sure why you would be using 1.0.0 and 1.0.1.

3. shado9573

shado9573 GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2017
    Pakistan
    Do you think hes referring to different versions of the toolbox? or is there just 1?

FanboyKilla likes this.
  4. FanboyKilla

FanboyKilla GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2019
    United States
    Ohh yeah I think you're right. I forgot all about the "Tool Box", I was just thinking about "Kosmos" in general since he said he can't even access the HBmenu.

5. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    Ah yes, its' because the newer toolbox is in it's own folder. If you go to your Switch folder on your SD Card, you will see, I think it was called toolbox.nro in the switch root. Delete that one :)
    For your config issue, Enter the toolbox, press the hotkey (different button than the R), then save. Enter the toolbox again and change it back to R and tada.

Last edited by linuxares, Apr 27, 2019
  6. makazula

makazula Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    France
    If he lost access to hbmenu he can't change the hotkey. Noob fix: Download newer version of kosmos, delete older kosmos on SD (keep the nintendo folder) and extract the new version there.

7. Crepeer1997
    OP

Crepeer1997 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    Italy
    Tnks for the advice, i Will try when i getti back home and let you know if It had work

8. Crepeer1997
    OP

Crepeer1997 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2019
    Italy
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! i've deleted and put back in the file and it worked!! :3

9. makazula

makazula Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    France
    glad it worked. cheers mate :)

Crepeer1997 likes this.
  10. Sugs79

Sugs79 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I've lost access to my hb menu too.

Somehow in Kosmos-too-box i changed the hotkey. The box displayed an 'R' first then an 'A' but now i can't access the hb menu to change it back.

I went on the SD card and deleted kosmos-tool-box and reinstalled it from the zip file but it still doesn't work.

I know what i've done, i've changed the way i access the hb menu but i don't know what it is!

I've tried double clicking A on the album

I've tried double clicking on album with A

I've tried holding all the buttons, while on menu pressing A.. NOTHING...

Please help!

11. BaamAlex

BaamAlex (*(vu64 *)0x1FF81100)

Jul 23, 2018
    Germany
    Delete the config.json. Turn on the console and hold R while opening the Album. Otherwise inject the fusee-primary.bin directly and hold then the R Button to trigger the hbmenu. You should be able to change that afterwards if you can boot.

Last edited by BaamAlex, Oct 18, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted