Hacking Korean Wii running NTSC Discs problem

Divinebaboon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi recently during my trip to Asian I picked up a Korean Wii pre laoded with all the cIOS and Homebrew Channel and flashed with Japanese Menu, so I used anyregionchanger and made the menu English, then I went ahead and loaded my usb card with neogamma, backup loader, gecko os, softchip loader, you name it. I play backups fine with any of those loaders. But recently I bought my first non-backup NTSC disc, Super Smash Bros Brawl from my local gamestop, and when I put it in it shows up as the first thing on my channel menu, with pictures and all. so i clicked it and after some black screen with weird colicky noise from my wii later, The screen becomes white with the message "an error has occurred, please eject the disc". Then I tried to run it with the loaders, at first wit hdefault settings, then changing the language to english, forcing NTSC, no luck, same old message. Is it something wrong with the disc? I did notice the inner circle of the disc(where you put your finger around) is somewhat scruffy...
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yikes, could be the dreaded dual layer disc problem with the drive...

Can you Try booting it through the latest distro of GeckoOS from http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geck:wtf:S and see if it will at least boot?

This will help us determine if the issue is the fact that ssbb is a dual layer disc, or if the issue is that it's a legit ntsc disc.

Divinebaboon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark McDonut said:
yikes, could be the dreaded dual layer disc problem with the drive...

Can you Try booting it through the latest distro of GeckoOS from http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geck:wtf:S and see if it will at least boot?

This will help us determine if the issue is the fact that ssbb is a dual layer disc, or if the issue is that it's a legit ntsc disc.

I just tried it, same error, should I change something in the settings?

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seriously cIOS corp is risky as shit. I wouldn't reccomend it. Nothing is a perfect replacement for the actual IOS files but themselves.

Your drive might not be able to play dual layer discs, some drives have had issues.... As shitty as it sounds, you might need to send it to nintendo but you'll have to wipe your homebrew off it first or you run the risk of being charged for the repair whether its a hardware or software issue according to info at hackmii.org

Sorry i don't have a better solution :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.