Know Your Game - Pong

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With a bit of a weird twist this week, and after a long break, this week's KYG is Pong, brought to you by @hobbledehoy899. not much to say, besides that you know the drill by now.

RULES and info
interviews are open for good, no need to answer after one week if you don't want to, though.
these are done in the same fashion as KYT . the public asks the questions . the questionee answers.​

You may ask questions about the game . the persons experiences with the game . and generally topics relating to said game .

https://gbatemp.net/threads/know-your-game-signups-now-open-for-business.448911/

and without further ado, ask away.​

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Does this game (the original) has an AI opponent, or is it just 2-player?

And one that clearly shows I don't know my classics: is it possible to add a spinning effect to the ball, or was that something that was added in later clones/lookalikes?

(oh, and +1 for VinLark's question: I'm more interested to know to what degrees that this game drove in audiences than in the actual game itself. But that may be beyond the scoop of this thread :unsure: )

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why is this game good
Because a person thinks it's good. (The same logic can be used to say the game is bad.)
How do you adequately predict where the hell the ball's gonna go?
Exactly how you would in a game of tennis, by keeping an eye on it.
Does this game (the original) has an AI opponent, or is it just 2-player?
The original Pong cabinets needed two players.
And one that clearly shows I don't know my classics: is it possible to add a spinning effect to the ball, or was that something that was added in later clones/lookalikes?
That was only added in later clones/lookalikes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome