Klonoa Wii not working.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Korudo, Dec 7, 2008.

Dec 7, 2008

Klonoa Wii not working. by Korudo at 7:49 AM (2,701 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Korudo
    OP

Member Korudo Koru Productions

United States
    I can't get Klonoa to boot through Gecko OS (1.07b) It just gets stuck when it's trying to launch the game. Then I went ahead updated with the update on the disc and got the dual channels, though it didn't mess up my wii at all which is odd. I can still access the system config and all of that. I am still on 3.3U after even after using a JP update that was on the disc. Odd. Anywho, if anyone could help me out so i can figure out why Gecko won't boot it, that'd be much appreciated. I'd try to boot it through the disc channel, but when i click start of course i get "Error #001" =/

2. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    um...well it works on my NTSC-U system, and its freakin awesome...I would say....try loading it straight through the disc channel (which worked for me) and then try it through geckoOS with Jap language chosen....I don't know why it would work for me and not for you, maybe a bad burn...

...on a side note....take care of that semi-brick asap.

3. Korudo
    OP

United States
    I've tried both of those options.

Through disc channel : Error 001
    Through Gecko OS with JP lang. option chosen, freezes at "Launching game- Language: Japanese" screen.

I just used the channel remover and fixed my Wii. But i don't know why this is the only Wii title i have that won't boot in Gecko OS. Do i need to do anything to the ISO before burning it? I've burned it 5 times already, with different programs. And the disc channel reads it fine, but my mod chip is too old so it gives me the "Error # 001" But Gecko OS won't load it at all. Just keeps freezing. I've even tried different versions of Gecko.

4. Dunphy

Newcomer Dunphy Newbie

Antarctica
    I had a bit of trouble with Klonoa as well. My own fault though as I didn't try a few things before I panicked. It's working now on my PAL 3.2E, I just forced PAL60 using Gamma and all the problems went away.

5. Korudo
    OP

United States
    ^^ I'm sorry, using Gamma? I'm unsure what you mean.

6. Luriden

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Off topic, but I didn't even know this was coming out. I missed out on the PSX version, does this version have an English option? It doesn't look like it's even scheduled to come out to the US any time soon, if at all. I haven't seen it on any sites to "obtain" yet or else I'd test it myself.

7. noobwarrior7

Member noobwarrior7 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    no english option, but you don't need it...it's easy to understand when every word bubble says:

"@@@@@@@..." or "@@@..." or "@"

no but seriously, its totally awesome and easy to play without understanding a word.

8. JoeyGennaro

Member JoeyGennaro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Since when is @@@@@ , @@@@@ and @@@ easy to understand? Seriously, there is nothing easy to understand in this game, it is completely and FULLY japanese. It's still a great game, but give me a break. We could use an English version of it.

9. toastert2003

Member toastert2003 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    can't you find a ppf patch for it, or possibly make one?

(thinks ppf patch is the thing i'm talking about)

i remember reading somewhere that it gets rid of the 001 error.

10. Korudo
    OP

United States
    I have no idea how to make one. Or where to look for one. Anyone out there want to help me with a ppf patch so i can finally play this game? I'd really love to know what is causing it to not boot through Gecko. I just had the same problem last night with "Facebreaker K.O. Party" So now i have 2 games that my Wii recognizes, but won't boot through Gecko, disc channel (001 error) nor the Gamma launcher.