Kitase talks about FF7 remake

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by FranckKnight, Jan 1, 2012.

Jan 1, 2012
  1. FranckKnight
    OP

Member FranckKnight GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    We'll still have to wait on an actual remake, but I found this to be interesting nonetheless.

http://www.qj.net/ps...-by-ff-dev.html
    I like that he realizes that making a remake will generate incredibly high expectation compared to the original, but yet wants to make something 'new' with it rather than just rehash the old stuff. That's probably like how they handled FF4DS with augments and other tweaks with the abilities, or FF3's changes to the job swapping and added character personalities.

I agree completely on that too. I remember making the comment that a FF7 alone wouldn't make me buy a PS3 (when it was 700$), but if they gave it enough changes it would. I wouldn't want them to just slap the game with a new skin. I know they did that with FF4 PSP essentially speaking, but they also added The After Years, and that 'bundle' didn't cost a whole lot overall compared to other PSP games.

That said, if they just updated the 'skin', I'd probably buy it NOW because I already own a PS3. I think my original comment was in regards that 'it would sell PS3 units if they did' in past discussions, when the price tag was so high on the console. I'd buy it because I'd like to see how the characters look, how the battles flow, and generally speaking how much more cinematic they could make it feel when it used to be FMVs. The PS3 can make far superior graphics in real time than what they did in FMVs back then.

2. matt382

Member matt382 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    What I'd like to see is how they integrate Yuffie and Vincent in the story, seeing as they were optional characters in the original.

3. Etrius

Newcomer Etrius Member

United States
    Are they just remaking the original ff7 or all 3 of them