Homebrew Kit Kat slim having severe framerates dips.

DuckWyse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've recently moved and all that has changed is my router and location. My router is closer to my DS than before and I have a higher tier of speeds from the same provider as before. At my old place I wasn't experiencing frame rate dips like this, from 32ish down to as low as 0fps. It'll stream fine for most of the time put dip low for about 5-10 seconds. This happens maybe once every 5 minutes or so.

My quality is set to 70, my qos is set to 101, topscreen recording only, quality factor set to 1.

I'm wondering if it's an issue with my router settings maybe but I not sure where to even start with that.

I've tried snickerdoodle and am having the same issues.

Any advice in smoothing out my framerates would be greatly appreciated.

DuckWyse

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DuckWyse Im having the exact same issue right now. Please let me know if you find a fix and I'll keep you updated as well.
I've been playing around with the settings a bit, and I moved my access point closer to my DS (its around 2 feet from my router).

quality 70
Priority Factor 5
QoS 100
top screen only

its not totally fixed but the stability has gone up. I don't know what exactly all the settings do, so i just kept fiddling with them until something looked like it works. Lemme know if something more works well for you.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing around with the settings a bit, and I moved my access point closer to my DS (its around 2 feet from my router).

quality 70
Priority Factor 5
QoS 100
top screen only

its not totally fixed but the stability has gone up. I don't know what exactly all the settings do, so i just kept fiddling with them until something looked like it works. Lemme know if something more works well for you.
your isp has nothing to do with it but your router does. what is the speed of your router?

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

quality 70
Priority Factor 5
QoS 100
top screen only

Try setting QoS to 101 and priority factor to 0.

Gamer90Kirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'm not 100% sure. Its a gigagit router, if that is what we're looking for. If not, where would I find it and what would I want it to be?
What I have deduced is that it's a router issue. Connecting my 3DS to 2 other routers gave me little to no lag depending on distance and internet speed. Connecting it directly to my PC gave the most lag.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: