Gaming Kirbys return to dreamland

lordcyber12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having problems in with White freeze screen after the title screen.But first is better explain what I do until now.First I installed wads like cIOS249[56]-v21d2x6.wad and cIOS250[57]-v21d2x6.wad via WadManager,selecting the ios 249.With this my usbloader GX 2.3 doesn't work saying that didn't find cios249 or cios250(in the Home Brew Channel).But if I load this loader in the Multi-Mod Managera with cios 249 or 250 reloaded, it works.And my Neogamma didn't mount more my external HD.I tried with Usl Loader GX and Configurable USB loader to run the game ,turning IOS reload block ON and change languague to Console Default or English, and nothing solve.
My Wii is JAP and System Menu.I can run other games like Donkey Kong Country Returns and Xenoblade with no problems.
My search via google didn't help me much,so I need more step-by-step help,to avoid new errors.

lordcyber12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated the System menu to 4.2 J,with the softmode tutorial from the forum,finxing the problems of the loaders didn't find the CIOS in the Homebrew Channel.And I can use the Priiloader's system hacks like the region free wii games.
I had installed d2x v6 in slot 249 with base 56 slot 247 with base 57 and in slot 248 with 56, with d2x installer.But still having problems in with the freeze issue after press 2 button.Which configuration need be in the Usbloader gx 2.3 or cfg loader c70?
In the Usbloader gx 2.3,I set Game Language to English;Boot/Standard to IOS249; and Block Ios Reload to ON;
THe same thing to CFG loader v70;
If I set Game Language to Console Default,the first 2 screen will be in Japanese and the game froze just after the control screen warning.
So I need better ideas to what to do.Maybe I could do a test with the Japanese version of the game.

Lokao0

aka LkProd
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
whats with the jumping in this game?! i hate it. i cant hold sideways without floating up again. have to wait till i SLOWLY float down. made me stop playing. broken crap :(

When you want to stop floating, press 1. Kirby will release the air and you will float down normally. I think you can change the settings in options, but I'm not sure

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
2 is jump, when pressing 2 in air you start to float, pressing 1 while floating releases the air. Same controls as kirby's fun pak (Kirby Super Star (Ultra)).
On the GB game you had to press UP to float.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Kirby jumping works the same even in SSB :)
Takes a while getting used to if youve never played any similar jumping-game before. But really, its not hard.

MarshallKlassen

Trophies
XP
So I updated the System menu to 4.2 J,with the softmode tutorial from the forum,finxing the problems of the loaders didn't find the CIOS in the Homebrew Channel.And I can use the Priiloader's system hacks like the region free wii games.
I had installed d2x v6 in slot 249 with base 56 slot 247 with base 57 and in slot 248 with 56, with d2x installer.But still having problems in with the freeze issue after press 2 button.Which configuration need be in the Usbloader gx 2.3 or cfg loader c70?
In the Usbloader gx 2.3,I set Game Language to English;Boot/Standard to IOS249; and Block Ios Reload to ON;
THe same thing to CFG loader v70;
If I set Game Language to Console Default,the first 2 screen will be in Japanese and the game froze just after the control screen warning.
So I need better ideas to what to do.Maybe I could do a test with the Japanese version of the game.

The same thing happened to me for the longest time with 4.2J.
Someone said it before in the thread but you can't change the language to English, you need to have it set as 'console default', so you have to use the AnyRegion Changer.
I never used it before, but it did work without any problems. And I turned off IOS auto reload.
If it boots up in Japanese, it won't work. I tried using a JPN copy, but the copy I found was bad. If you don't want to use the AllRegion Changer, a JPN copy might be your best bet.

lordcyber12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved the problem,I use anyRegionPatch to change the Language to English (don't need change Game Area or System Menu region,avoiding brick risks).
Thanks for the tip.Maybe I can try another game that I couldn't play:A boy and his Blob.

evenbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I solved the problem,I use anyRegionPatch to change the Language to English (don't need change Game Area or System Menu region,avoiding brick risks).
Thanks for the tip.Maybe I can try another game that I couldn't play:A boy and his Blob.
My Wii is JAP 4.2 ,I don't want risk to use the "Any Region Changer" ,too.

Would you tell me how to solve the problem more detailed.

where to find "anyRegionPatch" ? Thanks sincerely.

lordcyber12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyRegion_Changer

I suppose that you have experience to use homebrew channel and apps.When launch this program it has a Language Option.Change to English,select the save option and after that the Reboot (option).The Wii channel will be still japanese and I don't know the true risks of performing this only modification.
This method solve my old problem to run A boy and his Blob too.Maybe it can solve the problem to run some USA Wiiware Games that don't work too.

evenbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I suppose that you have experience to use homebrew channel and apps.When launch this program it has a Language Option.Change to English,select the save option and after that the Reboot (option).The Wii channel will be still japanese and I don't know the true risks of performing this only modification.
This method solve my old problem to run A boy and his Blob too.Maybe it can solve the problem to run some USA Wiiware Games that don't work too.

Today I did it successfully.
The result make me so happy.
I deeply appreciated your kindness.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i used uloader with the default settings
its play the game fine, but the mini games not working
after i tested it with neongamma and the mini game works and the rest not working
oh well, at least i can play the game fine

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
Kirby jumping works the same even in SSB :)
Takes a while getting used to if youve never played any similar jumping-game before. But really, its not hard.
it makes no sense. if i want to float down and sideways i cant press sideways!? i have to float down verically then walk sideways!? as to the smash bro comment above im sure smash bros isnt like that. this is my first kirby game so im not fussed and havent been missing much :P

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean? When full of air, "2" to flap and go up a bit, you descend when not pressing 2, press 1 to immediately spit out the collected air (can also be used as weapon), press right or left to fly right or left in air.

Its the exact same as in SSB, except in SSB you can only flap a set amount of times.

AnishAvasthi

Trophies
XP
I'm using a disc backup to run the game. And I get an error at stage one after the second enemy. A disc error. Anyone know how to fix this?

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean? When full of air, "2" to flap and go up a bit, you descend when not pressing 2, press 1 to immediately spit out the collected air (can also be used as weapon), press right or left to fly right or left in air.

Its the exact same as in SSB, except in SSB you can only flap a set amount of times.

aha! never thought of spitting out the air. thought i could float sideways when full!! will trry again. but im sure in ssb whethere he's full of air or not he can go left or right by just pressing sideways, at least on the n64 version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp