Kirby's Return to Dreamland problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by panmusic, Nov 7, 2011.

Nov 7, 2011
  1. panmusic
    OP

Member panmusic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    I am using latest Cfg and Wiiflow with latest d2x.The game freezes in the spaceship every time.I have read that this problem is solved by using base 56 but this seems that has no effect for me.
    While the rest of the game runs flawlessly in every stage,the same freezing occurs whenever I enter to spaceship and start to navigate inside.
    Is a definite solution found for this game yet?

2. misteromar

Member misteromar GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I think the scrubbed version floating around might have been a bad rip, try ripping it yourself.

3. Thomas83Lin

Member Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

United States
    The Game detects Patches and or the code handlers hook so try turning Ocarina (Sd Cheats) completely off and set hook type to none, Or try Crediar's MetaFortress Patch.

4. panmusic
    OP

Member panmusic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Greece
    Thanks a lot for your answer.Is there any way to use Crediar's patch with USB Loaders?

5. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    If the usb loader supports Brawl+, it supports this patch as well. It might require to have Ocarina enabled though.

6. AWal

Newcomer AWal Newbie

United States
    I'd just like to foot my two cents in here.

Specific freeze points I have encountered are:

- Ninja Dojo (either enter it from ship or save menu), go to how to play. Will freeze as soon as you press A to go to the second screen.
    - Talking to Magolor on the first part of the quest, It'll freeze mid-sentence when he tells you how many energy spheres you have.
    - After the mid-point of the game (where Landia gets involved), another freeze will happen in the ship when it attemps to either load a sound or a graphic for the screen Magolor stands in front of.

I have a feeling this might be caused by anti-tampering a'la MetaFortress (or possibly somthing similar).

I was able to fix it on my own system by simply turning off Ocarina and setting the hooktype to none.

For anyone actually bothering to read this, keep in mind that the freeze after pressing 2 at the title screen is unrelated to this...That happens when the cIOS is not compatible (apparently hermes won't work here).