Kirby Dream Collection - Black screen!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Thamiel, Nov 16, 2012.

Nov 16, 2012
  1. Thamiel
    OP

Newcomer Thamiel Newbie

Australia
    Hey all, quite new to Wii soft modding but gave it a go tonight. Not particularly hard with all the great guides around. Anyway, I bought Kirby's Dream Collection for my girl since it appears we're getting ignored here in PAL land on this one.

So far I've gone through ModMii (installed patched IOS236, Priiloader, WADs, etc.) which went off with no problem, put the disc in and it booted fine. Can go through the menus, check out the "Kirby History" gallery and some of the other features. Only thing I can't do is play any of the actual games, whenever I try the screen just goes black and the Wii hangs.

Any help from you lads on where to start with this issue would be fantastic. Really love to get it all working for her as she's a huge Kirby nut.

2. masher

Newcomer masher Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  3. Thamiel
    OP

Newcomer Thamiel Newbie

Australia
    Thanks for that mate, i'm not using any USB loaders though. This is just playing straight from the disc.

4. Zero

Banned Zero Belief will always save me

United States
    Try installing a clean IOS56.

5. Thamiel
    OP

Newcomer Thamiel Newbie

Australia
    Still a noob to this, go with a clean install to do this or use WAD Manager?