Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
King's Quest: The Silver Lining
Fan-made Sequel

King's Quest: The Silver Lining is a fan-made sequel which previously received a cease-&-deist after Activision Blizzard obtained the rights to the series. Fans quickly united and supported the yet to be released game through twitter comments, facebook postings, and e-mails to the copyright holders. Activison has finally consented and the game is now available to the public for free.

The game itself is being released in a series of 5 episodes. The first can be obtained from the official homepage, linked below.

The development company, Phoenix Online Game Development, has announced that they will be releasing their own unique adventure game known as Corridor 9, sometime in the future.

download.gif
Episode 1 
icon11.gif
 Homepage
icon11.gif
 The Silver Lining WIKI

Setzergabbini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never even heard of this before, but I'm thrilled that they allowed this. The last time I saw something with this much detail was Chrono Trigger Resurrection.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
this has been out for a while now i played this about 1 month ago ep 1 is a huge waste of time there's like 2 puzzles to solve and the rest is cut scenes. they reckon ep 2 will be much longer yeah we'll see...

cocomonk22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was one of Sierra's big adventure series back in the day when people still made adventure games, LucasArts and Sierra being the big two.

You can get the point and click remakes with speech of KQI and KQII at http://www.agdinteractive.com/games/games.html

KQIII point and click remake with speech is here
http://www.infamous-adventures.com/kq3/

KQV, KQVI, and KQVII are point and click with speech since they were released on CD.

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty cool. KQ6 is still the best in the series. It had everything!

By the way, the cheesy song actually fits the KQ series perfectly. Does anyone remember, "Girl In the Tower?"

"I'm reaching out..."
"Please tell me what to do..."

D

Deleted_171835

Never heard about this until now.
It doesn't look that interesting though I should reserve judgement until I play it.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is cool in that it came out, but I was always a bigger fan of the Quest for Glory series, in particular the 4th one, Shadows of Darkness. I'd be pretty happy if they would come up with new character models and prevent the game ending crashes and do not return type save scenarios. In fact, I'd gladly pay $50 if they would do to QfG what they did to Monkey Island.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's nice that it came out but it really isn't much of a game.. Episode 1 that is is super short and very much too easy for a proper adventure game. I may try Episode 2 but meh. I loved the original Sierra games but these just didn't have the same wow and cool factor as those did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things