Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix Model Extraction - Need Help!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Ace212, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Ace212
    OP

Ace212 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    Hello everyone!

I've been looking to extract model data from Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMix for a while now, and currently I've gotten very far but I am stuck on unpacking SDAT files that are extracted from the MSELF file for KH 2 HD. I have figured out how to decrypt and decompress these files, however I have not been able to figure out how to extract the files from them.

If my suspicions are correct, each SDAT file from the game contains 2 files:

GTF - General Texture Format (I think thats the correct name?)
    BAR - ??? (Possibly model data, Vert coords, polygon coords, bone info, rig info, maybe even animation info. I actually don't really even know what this file is, I just assume that it has to do with model data.)

I won't be able to provide links to the tools I used, because some have the decryption keys for decrypting MSELF and SDAT files, and obviously I cannot provide those. I might be able to provide a decrypted and decompressed SDAT file, however I will wait till requested to do so. Basically all I need currently is a way to extract these files, and so far my search attempts have come up with nothing.

Last edited by Ace212, Dec 18, 2016
  2. Ace212
    OP

Ace212 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    Bump. Still looking for a solution. Apologies if this is against the rules, I just really need a answer to this. :/