Status
Not open for further replies.

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not necessarily, just think of how long it took to get FFVII meaning that it could just be a decision not to release it through the PSN. Especially because it isnt mandatory for them to release it online. But I am only guessing.

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KHfan1 said:
Fat Cow said:
KHfan1 said:
SFenton said:
The UMD will still work though, right? I want to buy it.

With the umd and its iso you can run under the cfw no problem

Its iso meaning japanese iso - japanese UMD
NA iso - NA UMD

which cfw was this tested on? I buy my games for collecting purpose but play iso for faster loading time and remotejoy and cwcheat, and since this game has install option I don't mind playing umd copy as long as it runs on cfw.

Supposedly it works with any cfw where the red box appears, so my gen-A from chickhen on my 3000 should work
hm ok, well i'll test this when i get my game in 2 weeks or so, that' assuming by then it's still not fully hacked XD

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat Cow said:
KHfan1 said:
Fat Cow said:
KHfan1 said:
SFenton said:
The UMD will still work though, right? I want to buy it.

With the umd and its iso you can run under the cfw no problem

Its iso meaning japanese iso - japanese UMD
NA iso - NA UMD

which cfw was this tested on? I buy my games for collecting purpose but play iso for faster loading time and remotejoy and cwcheat, and since this game has install option I don't mind playing umd copy as long as it runs on cfw.

Supposedly it works with any cfw where the red box appears, so my gen-A from chickhen on my 3000 should work
hm ok, well i'll test this when i get my game in 2 weeks or so, that' assuming by then it's still not fully hacked XD

I've already mentioned this but

long as the UMD is inserted and you have a working decryptor, you can play this game fine. This game checks to see if you have a UMD in there and then only reads data coming from the UMD. I don't know about it shutting off the memory card, but it won't route data read from memory stick.

This is probably the reason why the game isn't being sold on JPSN when the rest of the Japanese pSP games have been out on release since October/November, whenever they started the program

add:

i assume these eboots are eliminating one by one, where it's trying to access the UMD. There's probably a bunch of check / flag so they need to find it one by o ne? at least, that's what I'm assuming these eboots that gets a little further each time is doing.

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djricekcn do you have this decryptor?? as I should be getting this game sometime this week and at very least if I have that part all figured out then I could play right away without having to futz around to get it to work.

shadow_dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone tried getting hold of a save file (from a legit copy, or from an iso running with a legit copy in the UMD drive) and seeing if that lets you get further before it crashes (which I assume it would do upon saving)?

also, I've heard rumors that people on 2ch have bypassed the autosaving check and gotten to a boss fight crash. can anyone confirm? was this more of their "fishing"?

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there have been a few people that have tried using all 3 of the different game saves and also the game install data too.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nemofunk said:
djricekcn do you have this decryptor?? as I should be getting this game sometime this week and at very least if I have that part all figured out then I could play right away without having to futz around to get it to work.

Just use Gen D3

QUOTEhas anyone tried getting hold of a save file (from a legit copy, or from an iso running with a legit copy in the UMD drive) and seeing if that lets you get further before it crashes (which I assume it would do upon saving)?
It's already been done, long time ago

chad13dale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
would playing the iso and using a random umd in the umd reader do anything apart from the black screen? I recall that was one of the methods to make umd movies run on the psp. has anyone tried doing that?

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't look like there will be any real news for the next few hours as most people have gone offline. some people may still be working but not updating.

nemofunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chad13dale said:
would playing the iso and using a random umd in the umd reader do anything apart from the black screen? I recall that was one of the methods to make umd movies run on the psp. has anyone tried doing that?

as mentioned it has been tried, by a few people even with different umd's in the drive. I have tried with the Choto Shot Edit umd, but one of the things people are speculating is that it has something to do with the 6.20 update being on the UMD but so far the only game with it that has been confirmed is KH: BBS so no one really can test that theory right now, but Army of Two will be out on tues. and if no progress has been made I will try using that UMD and this method so we have a little more waiting to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT