Kingdom Hearts 358-2 Days (U) Rom Help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by MMad3.0, Nov 19, 2009.

Nov 19, 2009
  1. MMad3.0
    OP

Newcomer MMad3.0 Member

Hi, I am a big fan of Kingdom Hearts and recently got the US Rom of 358-2 days. Unfortunately, whenever I click on the game, it goes straight to a non-responsive black screen and stays there.
    I can still use soft-reset from their though.
    I have tries patching it with Lunar IPS, and some hex editor with a name like XVI13 or something, but no help.
    I have seen on youtube etc. people getting the rom to work, but I can't get it to start, please help!!!
    I have a DSTT with the 1.17 kernal, though I recently put on YSMENU, though it didn't help.
    I have an 8GB SDHC Kingston Micro SD.
    I'm not very computer literate, so please, lay-man's terms.
    I don't have a lot of bandwidth, so I don't really want to download a lot.

2. ShadowSol

Member ShadowSol GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    uhhh, double topic???

edit: fake or real DSTT?
    edit 2: 8gb??!?? dstt supports more than 2gb? nvr knew that

3. KAge56

Newcomer KAge56 Member

United States
    fakes work since mine's one, whyyyy did you not think it'd at least be limited to 4gb, his firmware is old.

http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/dl...ial_English.rar

4. DeltaBladeX

Member DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    Are you using the latest version of the unofficial firmware? I use that and Kingdom Hearts worked fine.

5. MMad3.0
    OP

Newcomer MMad3.0 Member

Real DSTT, and yes, DSTT does support more than 2gb, in fact it works better with SDHC.
    I don't know anything about unofficial firmwares...

6. DeltaBladeX

New Zealand
  7. MMad3.0
    OP

Newcomer MMad3.0 Member

O.k, I put on the Unofficial Firmware, and low and behold, IT WORKED!! Well, briefly. I managed to get to the menu, but after I select my difficulty, it goes back to that black screen, only I can't soft-reset from there. I tried patching it again with Lips, but again, no help...

Is there anything else I can do? [​IMG]

8. DeltaBladeX

New Zealand
    No idea. The game was fixed in the latest unofficial software, so it not working for you is weird. Try with both TTMenu and YSMenu and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't work under either, you may have a glitched ROM and need to replace it.

Also just thought of something you could check. Go to http://cheats.gbatemp.net/ and download USRCHEAT.DAT.ZIP. Use that to replace the cheat file in the TTMenu folder. Then see if it has any anti piracy code in there.

9. MMad3.0
    OP

Newcomer MMad3.0 Member

OK, I downloaded and extracted the whole thing again, wiped the save files, and IT WORKED!!!! I mean, It was a bit round-a-bout, BUt I AM HAPPY!!! Honestly, you people are GODSENDS!!!

Kingdom Hearts is AWESOME!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Oh, by the way, I got the latest USRCHEAT, but no cheats for KH, not that I need them... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. DeltaBladeX

New Zealand
    Well, the cheat file does include stuff for Kingdom Hearts (I've used the 'Use any character' codes), so I'm guessing you had an altered ROM which was causing problems. At least you now have a working ROM.